Harness for camera and binoculars that works with a backpack???

I have seen the harnesses used for both cameras and binoculars. They have sort of a reverse backpack shoulder system. My question is---Does anyone know of a harness system that is made to work WITH a backpack? With backpacks rigged with sternum strap attachments, it seems do-able. Anyone seen one, or am I going to have to be creative??

Clips to the D-rings on the backpack shoulder straps.

Dave

Thanks!

Of course, my backpack doesn't have D-rings---go figure!!

Shouldn't be too hard to rig some on or maybe I'll be able to switch the clips out for the slidy buckle attachments (EMS is buckle/snap heaven). I like being able to switch out different cameras/binocs with the same snaps.

Keep looking everybody just in case.

My Kata R102 backpack is equipped with D-rings on the straps, and the Kata Reflex-E camera strap has two leads that attach to the camera, with the neck strap portion attached via carabiners...that way the neck portion of the strap can be quickly removed, and the camera attached to the D-rings on the backpack instead. The strap leads can be purchased seperately, allowing the same neck strap to be used with separate cameras or other devices, which can all also attach to the backpack.

Check the N-11 in this page:

http://www.tamrac.com/g_camerastraps.htm

Clips to the D-rings on the backpack shoulder straps.

Dave

I called the closest dealer listed and he had NO Tamrac straps in store. But, he had one on his own camera and described the quick release snap/buckle as bigger than a thumbnail, but "not real big."

So, I ordered the backpack, a neoprene, and the hand straps ensuring I'll have three sets of compatible snap sets and some choices for straps. With a set of split rings from the hardware store, I can use the clips with no modifications to any straps needed. Waiting for them to arrive.

Thanks again Dave

• 2 weeks later...

All my Tamrac straps have arrived and they are going to work just perfectly!! The heavy duty split rings tucked on nicely just above the sternum straps, and the Tamrac clipped right on. Long strap, hand strap and backpack clipstrap will interchange and give me options.

The family thinks I'm daft when they come home and I am walking around the house with the backpack hooked up with my camera, cooking dinner. Digging out the binocs to hook them up, too. Spring is here and the dogs and I are ready to roll!! Look out crows: they're my pretend eagles for practice shots.

Thanks again guys, I wouldn't have found them on my own!

Archived