Private tours cinque terre

maggie2010

How about from Porto Fino? Does anyone know of a good guide? I've used Sunflower for a Florence-Pisa tour but I think Porto Fino might be out of his territory.

There was a thread on Cinque Terre from Portofino. I think it was a few months ago but if you do a search you can probably find it. I think 1 or 2 private tours were mentioned. We have decided to do Cinque Terre from Portofino on our own. One of the posters on this forum, GSPLover, has a great informational sheet on how to do it. I believe the link for the informational sheet is in the same thread.

We used Papillon when docked in Livorno and had a fabulous day. You won't have time to hike between all of the villages, so we did the "Walk of Love" between the first and second village and then used the boats to get from village to village. Papillon will help you with the schedule. We saw ship's passengers during the day and could see that we had a much better tour (ours was cheaper, and they had to skip a village but were using the same boats we used). Rick Steves Italy book has a great section on the Cinque Terre.

Have a great trip,

Donna

I used Romeinlimo and was extremely satisfied. The driver dropped us off at the first village, and picked us up at the last. We had their guide with us the whole time going by train from one village to the other and he was fantastic. The only thing is, it's very very strenuous, so if you have any trouble walking, climbing stairs, etc, I do not recommend. My husband walks with a cane and he was dying the next day. In every site, it appears that it's a calm nice "walk" through lover's lane, etc, but you need to take many uneven steps to go up there. I just feel that people should know that ahead of time. But as far as who I'd use again in the future, it would def. be Romeinlimo. They are always on time, and their drivers actually know the history of the place. I def. recommend them!

we used papillon when docked in livorno and had a fabulous day. You won't have time to hike between all of the villages, so we did the "walk of love" between the first and second village and then used the boats to get from village to village. Papillon will help you with the schedule. We saw ship's passengers during the day and could see that we had a much better tour (ours was cheaper, and they had to skip a village but were using the same boats we used). Rick steves italy book has a great section on the cinque terre.

Have a great trip,

donna

did you have a tour guide with you for the whole trip, or is it something you can do on your own without a guide?

did you have a tour guide with you for the whole trip, or is it something you can do on your own without a guide?

You really do not need a guide in Cinque Terre. It is easy to get around (albeit somewhat difficult if hills and stairs bother you at all). Go to my train site (listed below), click on the 'Home' link, then Cinque Terre.

Papillon will do either option for you (with or without a guide to stay with you in the villages). We chose not to have a guide. The draw in this area is the scenery, and it's really easy to get around. So we were quite satisfied with our decision not to use a guide that day and had the Rick Steves guide for history, etc.

Donna

Archived