Bringing a cooler

WILDWOOD PT

We were thinking of transporting our bottles of water & coke in a cooler & then using the cooler to keep them cold (mini fridge is for the wine!!) Has anybody ever taken a cooler onboard?

We are going to take one of the smaller, soft coolers on ours. I know some people have done that, and it seems to work out well. Easy to pack, etc.

Just be aware that if you try to carry it on you may be stopped at customs. I know this from personal experience.

On our first cruise, to hawaii, we bought one of those portable soft sided coolers, packed it with a 12 pack of soda and 12 pack water bottles. No problems, went thru x-ray just fine and cleared customs with no question.

Last oct., Caribbean cruise/port of miami, customs refused to clear ice chest even tho it was packed with clothes only. We had used it as an extra carry-on. We were able to clear all security checkpoints at 3 airports prior to embarkation in Miami. Security said it was too big to use as a carry-on and refused to let us thru, all the while people with very lrg suitcases were able to walk right by us, made no sense at all. DH had to go back thru security and was able to locate porter who had our luggage and we were able to tag it and send w/our other bags.

Robin

Are you really serious?????? Assuming that you are flying...did you figure that you are going to have to pay 25.00 as part of your "'baggage" ...that's X's 2 for both ways...why don't you just buy a pop card! Or as was previously stated...why don't you just go camping!

CAMPING!!!...in Wisconsin...in April....are you kidding - there'll still be 4ft of snow on the ground:eek: But we do luv to camp so next best place this time of the year - cruise ship balcony in the Caribbean! I guess we could throw a sheet over the lounge chairs:rolleyes:

We loaded a hard-sided cooler with beer, wine and pop for 8 of us and had no problem. We taped it up to prevent it from tipping over and everything spilling out. No problem getting in on board, arrived in our cabin with all the luggage. The steward even replenished the ice in it everyday. :)

To the OP, we found the fridge large enough for wine, Pepsi, and water...you don't have to keep it all in at once; just replenish as it is used.

We had a soft-sided cooler with us, planning to take it to the more deserted beaches we were going to for the day. We ended up not using it even once, instead opting to just throw bottles of water into the snorkel bag. If our plan was to just lay on the beach, we might have used it.

Ulcards99...see you'll be on the Crown the 20th - we get on 4-3. Take care of her for us.

Thanks for the info on the cooler. We plan on loading one up and duct taping it. Keeping

ice in it in our room - those mini refirg's are never cold enough.

And thank you everybody else for all the info. If anybody else is on the Crown 4-3 we'll

be the ones with the big white sheet on the balcony! Just faxed Princess for an x-tra one - and an eggcrate for the floor - now all we need are sleeping bags!

Can you take you own soda pop and beer and water on board? I am going on the Shaphire on the 24th of april and this will be my first cruise

I have taken some soda onboard only because they do not sell cafeine free diet coke. As far as wine you can take a bottle a day per adult person.You can buy wine in the ports, you don't have to carry it all on. Water is no problem. Beer is a no no . This is how they make their money. I do not know how people get their coolers on, I have never seen it. Enjoy your first cruise.

Archived