Cozumel Bar Hop

calgarytraveler

Has anyone ever done the Cozumel Bar Hop. I was on their web site and it starts at 1030am, and I know the ship docks at 10am? Just wondering if this gives you enough time to get to the starting location? Is the Bar Hop worth the money? Do you recomend booking in advance over the internet, or paying when you get there? :)

We went on the Cozumel Bar Hop from our Legend cruise 2-7 -2010.

I included some photos and a review here on the Carnival board;

A Young At Heart Review of the Legend. One of the other people in our group who went on the Bar Hop, too, commented on it on my thread.

You will have a BALL and yes, you do have time to go to all spots with some time left over for shopping.

If you have more questions, let me know after you've read about our tour.

Has anyone ever done the Cozumel Bar Hop. I was on their web site and it starts at 1030am, and I know the ship docks at 10am? Just wondering if this gives you enough time to get to the starting location? Is the Bar Hop worth the money? Do you recomend booking in advance over the internet, or paying when you get there? :)

They meet you at the pier...they are aware if the ship docks late... we actually arrived 4 hours late and they were aware of it and adjusted the tour schedule.

It is a fun trip...you get to see parts of the island and beaches that you probably would never see other wise.

:cool:

I want to do this too. Where do you sign up at? I heard that you have to have at least 8 people to do this. Do you just ask others on your roll-call? Sorry for all of the questions, we are new and have not cruised yet. :rolleyes:

All I can say is fun...fun...fun....

Tom is a freat guy. We (The Saints & Sinners group from the boards here) were the first group to do this a couple of years ago. Tom is a friend of some of the people from the group. He is great. You get to see areas of the island you would never normally see.

At the one stop Coconut's which has a breath taking veiw they had found a turtles nest that had been disturbed. They gathered the eggs and incubated them in the bar. The night (sundown) plus a little we all walked down to the beach to watch them release them. That was cool.

I would do either as far as payment goes. We all just paid cash...

Have a blast.

We did it and it was so worth it and we will do it again next time we are in Cozumel. We had Greg and his wife as our guides, and they took good care of us. You have about 45 min-1 hour at each stop so plenty of time to relax, go to the beach, swim, eat, and oh yeah, drink. Plus you get to see the other side of the island, which is absolutely beautiful. And the bars are cheaper, so that makes it even more fun.

They require you to reserve and pay a deposit in advance, you pay the balance in cash when you arrive. They changed the start time of our tour based on the fact that another group from a different ship had booked first, so they can accomadate a later start time if needed.

I want to do this too. Where do you sign up at? I heard that you have to have at least 8 people to do this. Do you just ask others on your roll-call? Sorry for all of the questions, we are new and have not cruised yet. :rolleyes:

Just google Cozumel Bar Hop and you will find their web site.

And yes, ask others in your roll call if they are interested. We only had 4 in our group and they combined us with a group from another ship.

Thanks for the info ya'll. We do not have an excursion planned for Coz yet. I am not a big drinker but would like to have a few and meet some fun people and see the sights.

JessieMon, thanks for sharing the trutle story. I am orig. from St.Pete and they used to have a lot of turtle nests on Treasure Island Beach. I don't know if they still do this or not but it was really fun to go watch the turtles in the roped off areas and then see them returned to the wild.

Remember that if you don't have enough folks .... check on your Roll Call to see if anyone wants to join in....or they may have a group going that you can join....

Archived