Nachi Cocom

chachi

sadly, this is too slow over here to get any feedback. There are very recent reviews on two other threads under the title Nachi Cocum Reviews and Nachi Cocum ?'s. But it seems you already have read those. Good luck, im going in May :)

I have been reading many positive reviews about Nachi Cocom. Could anyone tell me how crowded it is? Is it easy to get a chair? a drink? food? Are the pools or beach area crowded? Thanks

The lure of Nachi Cocum for many is that they limit the number of guests to 100 per day. The chairs are always available, they esort you to one, and you have your own server who will bring you drinks... or you can just stroll over the the bar and get one yourself. The beach area is very nicely arranged, with the chairs far enough apart that you could talk to your neighbors if you want to, but far enough away that you aren't part of their conversation if you want peace and quiet.

On my trip there last month, with 7 ships in port, there were 73 people there -- which I got a pretty accurate count on as it poured right at lunch time so everyone happened to be in the dining area at the same time. If you had asked me beforehand how many were there, I would have guessed 20/30... it's not crowded at all.

948906909_ImportedPhotos00149.jpg.57dbe1378518b1c23c75dae9e9233269.jpg

I was @ Nachi on Saturday. It wasn't crowded at all. We arrived around 10 Cozumel time and there were plenty of chairs left. The pool was empty but that was because it was a little windy during our visit.

Food/drink service depends on your waiter. Our waiter (Jose) was horrible.

I posted a review in this thread from our visit just a few weeks ago. We didn't have very good service, but I'd still go back. It wasn't crowded at all, the drinks and food were yummy, and the place was clean and beautiful!

Here's the link to my review in this thread, in case you haven't read this one. It might help. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1143536

I was there last week March 4th and had a very nice time. It was the best day of our cruise. We were at capacity, but it only felt like 30 or so were there. Some people come later, some leave early. By 3 oclock there were only maybe 10 people or so left.

Service was good, beach was beautiful, and the food was great. My wife wants us to go back to Cozumel for a week now and just stay at Nachi Cocom each day.

I was at Nachi last week as well and it was great to have your own space. Last year I had gone to Playa Mia (was too lazy to research in advance last year) and it was like night and day.

Drinks and food were great. Our waiter was nice but kind of slow, had to make sure I kept ordering a drink whenever I saw him b/c never knew how long it would be. A few times I just got up and walked to the bar which really wasn't a big deal, but if he saw me he would tell me he'd bring the drinks out to me.

My only complaint was that the "hot tub" was more like lukewarm...I had read this on another post and can confirm that it is true.

Overall though the fact that they limit the number of people and that you get your own little hut to sit under makes it worth the $50 even without the food and drink included.

We were there last week, too. It was WONDERFUL. As PP have said, the server was hard to find at times, but you can always walk right up the bar and order if you need to. The biggest plus for us was the limited # of people. We brought our two boys (ages 5 and 3) with us, and they were able to play in the sand near us while we sat under our palapas in our lounge chairs drinking our beverage of choice ;). Other beaches seem so crowded that you have to hover over your kids the entire time, but the boys were easily able to play a few feet away from us without us getting worried that they'd get lost in the crowd. It was an extremely relaxing day. We will definitely go back.

I had been looking forward to visiting Nochi Cocum in two weeks, but I just checked and they are "sold out" and are no longer taking reservations. So many have posted comments about it not being crowded that I didn't think there was any necessity to reserve too far in advance. In fact everyone that know who has gone has just showed up. I wonder if they would really turn down the extra revenue if you show up?

I had been looking forward to visiting Nochi Cocum in two weeks, but I just checked and they are "sold out" and are no longer taking reservations. So many have posted comments about it not being crowded that I didn't think there was any necessity to reserve too far in advance. In fact everyone that know who has gone has just showed up. I wonder if they would really turn down the extra revenue if you show up?

Probably not. When we arrived we were not asked to show proof of our reservation. The lady at the entrance just asked if we had one. I said yes with the paper in hand to show and no one ever asked to see it. There was a group of 6 that arrived with us and they didn't ask them for proof.

You have to decide if you're willing to take the risk and pay taxi fare with the possibility of being turned away.

Gurl, you're cruising in spring break season! It's worth a try to just show up!

Archived