Diver Doesn't Have Time To Dive With Stuart's Cove Needs Advice!!!

jtsocal

Help, I will be on Carnival Glory 03/14/10. I was looking forward to diving in Bahamas but Stuart's Cove can't accomodate the ships time in port. Bahamas Divers got some sketchy reviews. And now most of what I've read says the snorkeling isn't that good. If anyone can provide good intel on what I might do it would be greatly appreciated. Really would like to dive or snorkel Bahamas since it's the first and probably last time I'll visit there. Thanks.

Help, I will be on Carnival Glory 03/14/10. I was looking forward to diving in Bahamas but Stuart's Cove can't accomodate the ships time in port. Bahamas Divers got some sketchy reviews. And now most of what I've read says the snorkeling isn't that good. If anyone can provide good intel on what I might do it would be greatly appreciated. Really would like to dive or snorkel Bahamas since it's the first and probably last time I'll visit there. Thanks.

I hate to say this but have you considered booking through the ship? I know it's more expensive but an expensive dive is better than no dive at all. The Bahamas have gin clear water and you should dive them even if you don't have the opportunity to do good diving. Also as far as snorkeling, I've snorkeled there before and it wasn't bad. You need to find an operator that goes to Thunderball reef (yes, where they filmed the old James Bond movie). It's about a 1/2 hour boat ride out of Nassau so it's off the coast. I saw the largest grouper in my life on that reef (my son jumped back on the boat afraid it'd eat him :p). So use the cattle boat, if it gets you wet when all other options have expired, it's still good.

Randall

Excellent reply....

While looking for a better deal is a good idea, sometimes you are better off WITH the ship's excursion.

If in this case the timing makes the ship the way to go ... then go for the ship!

Archived