HELP! Deck Three and front of MOS

:eek:I've been doing some research on the Monarch of the Seas for my trip next week. My friend and I will be on deck three and towards the front of the ship. Is this a good place to cruise? How hard would it be to change to another deck if it turns out this is really, really bad. We're first time cruisers and have no idea what to do/expect. :(

How far forward are you? The first 12 cabins or so may get some noise when docking....but you will have cabins under and above you, so there shouldn't be noise from that.

We're pretty close to the front, about 10 cabins back. I was worried more about extra rocking and reeling. Thanks!

When we took our son on his first cruise we were on deck 3 in the very first cabin forward on Monarch. We decided we were going to let anything bother us because we got such a great deal. The room was a bit noisy in the morning. You did get an early wake up call when the anchor was being lowered. But we didn't let it bother us. My son, of course found it to be quite exciting.

When we took our son on his first cruise we were on deck 3 in the very first cabin forward on Monarch. We decided we were going to let anything bother us because we got such a great deal. The room was a bit noisy in the morning. You did get an early wake up call when the anchor was being lowered. But we didn't let it bother us. My son, of course found it to be quite exciting.

Thanks Highrollers! I can usually sleep through any noise (I'm from Texas and have a habit of sleeping through Tornado sirens). The motion is what I was afraid of. We are cruising at a great price, but I didn't want to make too much of a trade off for the money.

I'll be on Explorer in about 8 days in cabin 8500--as far forward as you can get! LOL It was the last family stateroom available so I took it and am just going to look at it as an adventure for me and my boys :) I'll be sure to come back and post how the motion was--especially since we're sailing out of NJ and it can get quite rocky for the first few days!:eek:

You're good. I've stayed in the front of the boat and in the back of the boat before and it doesn't make much of a differenct - especially if you have calm seas which chances are, you will.

Enjoy your trip!

We spent a week in 2534 on Monarch. It is the last cabin before the hallway starts angling forward to the bow. We had some moderately rough seas the first day or two but were not bothered by being forward. The noise from the anchor is overblown. You WILL hear it, but it lasts 3-5 seconds.

Archived