What does "StarBoard" mean?

CRUISING71

Well, if POSH doesn't refer to port out starboard home, it should! It is too good of a tale to let go so henceforth I shall magic marker it onto my tags and years from now will be used as proof that by the early 21st century POSH meant just that. ;)

On my luggage tag, it says Deck 7, Starboard, FWD-S. What does it mean?

when my luggage was delivered one cruise (DCL as i recall) while we were in the cabin, i took the chance to ask steward why our luggage tags said FWD when we were clearly mid ship.:confused:

he indicated that the notation refers to the elevator/lift the luggage is directed to for disbursement.

Not urban legend. My 90+ year old mother was the one who shared that with me, and she should know as in her childhood, she regularly sailed that route with her parents. I make it a practice to believe the people who have 'been there and done that'. :rolleyes:

Did your grandma also tell you the tales of Ship High In Transit?

That does it ……I am going to start a file titled cruiseLaughs and list the site and thread that give me the giggles.

I haven’t laughed this hard since the “do I really have to wear formal on formal night” (response “what word in Formal Night don’t you understand”.)

Thanks for giggles (and the information- I never could remember port and starboard).

when my luggage was delivered one cruise (DCL as i recall) while we were in the cabin, i took the chance to ask steward why our luggage tags said FWD when we were clearly mid ship.:confused:

he indicated that the notation refers to the elevator/lift the luggage is directed to for disbursement.

That makes sense! :) I was just wondering the same thing and ran accross this board..awesome thanks! I was starting to get worried, because I really wanted to be midship, and booked a midship cabin, but when I saw my luggage tags said FWD, I freaked out a little bit lol:p

Archived