p&o website

asda

just been on p&o website to see how my weekend cruise is filling up. we are in an inside cabin on A deck classed as an OC grade.

i have been checking this regulaly and most of the inside cabins had sold out, but today i have noticed theres lots available. why is this,

just been on p&o website to see how my weekend cruise is filling up. we are in an inside cabin on A deck classed as an OC grade.

i have been checking this regulaly and most of the inside cabins had sold out, but today i have noticed theres lots available. why is this,

I have heard it can be because the payment deadline (56 days?) has passed & lots of people cancel at that point - I can see this happening in the States where a deposit is repaid in full on cancellation (upto 90 days when THEY have to pay in full), but am more sceptical of this answer in the UK - perhaps its that I wouldn't like to lose that sort of money :D (although of course on a weekender, the deposit will be lower too)

I'm going to have to be strong & not look :eek: - we booked & paid in full in Jan to take 'advantage' of their sale, to find the prices appeared to go down (& OBC added) in Feb - I say appeared as cabin grade was sold out so we couldnt compare like with like - I will be 'sad':( if the grade has reappeared at a lower rate:eek:

Agree with Karen that it could be people changing their minds when payment is due ... this booking up space and then changing the mind at the last minute does annoy me a bit because it maybe denies others the opportunity and must be a revenue blow to the cruise line. Maybe upping the Administration fee would reduce this.

The other reason may be that they have reshuffled the cabins to make a bigger range of cabin types available. Selected people may have been offered upgrades etc.

Sadly all this is pure speculation ... only P&O will know the real reasons :(

Yes agree, don't forget the lost deposit could be as little as £40 on a weekender cruise! Inside cabins have sold as cheap as £199pp for a 2nighter, so 10% of £400 = £40, I bet people book on a whim and change their minds

Archived