Malaga Hotel

Appreciate that Adventure OTS hasn't yet hit Malaga so to speak but am on it in November.

Taking the advice I usually give others I will fly to Malaga the night before so can anyone recommend a Malaga hotel close to the Port for 1 night doss down.

Thank you

Have been doing lots of research on this subject too. We fly in and out a day before and after our cruise and have been looking extensively.

Presently I am favouring a Holiday Inn/Express near the airport for around £55 for the four of us in one room and then a taxi to the port. We arrive fairly late and so will not need any frills.

After the cruise I have been taking a look at the Molino Lara or Room Mate Laria - on Kayak - as they all seen to be within close distance to the port.

I hear taxis are around 25Euros to the port direct from the airport.

Karen

• 4 weeks later...
Appreciate that Adventure OTS hasn't yet hit Malaga so to speak but am on it in November.

Taking the advice I usually give others I will fly to Malaga the night before so can anyone recommend a Malaga hotel close to the Port for 1 night doss down.

Thank you

We're on the same cruise 11/13.

Have you been on the roll call yet? (I haven't seen a post from you).

Katrin

Last November, we did a 5 nights cruise from Malaga on the Navigator OTS. We stayed for one night at the Barcelo Malaga, which is in the Malaga station building. There's a train from the airport to the station. The hotel wasn't located in the old town and the taxi ride to the port took 15 minutes. The El Corte Ingles department store was just 10 minutes walking from the hotel and we went there to by some soft drinks for the cruise. The Barcelo was perfect for us because we arrived late and only had to stay for one night, but it was easy to have a walk in Malaga.

I returned to Malaga last week while on a NCL Jade cruise and the city is worth visiting with its fortress and Picasso museum. Of course if we would have had more time, then we would have done a trip to Granada.

Hello

We stayed at the Don Curro last November and took the bus from the airport, it cost about E7 for 2 pax and then it was an easy walk to the hotel. The hotel was OK for 1 night, we took a taxi to the port which was E14 which we thought was expensive for a 5min trip. It cost £59 for 1 Night BB at the DC, booked it with ebookers.

Bye Marylyne

Archived