Suggestion for Smokers

JRock59

No I am NOT going to flame you! My DH smokes and I just took the perfect ash tray for him our our last cruise. You can buy it al WalMart (others places may carry) in the automotive dept for about $2.50. It's called the "butt can" or something like that. It's shaped like a small cup but has a lid with a hole in it. We usually get a balcony and this was perfect! The ashes didn't blow all over the place and of course the butt stayed inside cutting the fire hazard way down. Our cabin stewarts LOVED it they had never seen one and thought it was great. And at that price we left it behind instead of packing it back in the suit case for the plane ride home.

They also carry them at your local Family Dollar, should you have a local Family Dollar.

I recommend these guys very highly, because I can't stand an over-flowing ashtray or butts all over my patio. They also reduce the smell. But I'll just add this ... do not let water get in there and sit. *That* smell will kill you.

They also carry them at your local Family Dollar, should you have a local Family Dollar.

I recommend these guys very highly, because I can't stand an over-flowing ashtray or butts all over my patio. They also reduce the smell. But I'll just add this ... do not let water get in there and sit. *That* smell will kill you.

Like the smoking, won't? :D

I just use 1/2 filled plastic water bottles for ashes and butts. The butt bucket can smolder and stink, and if you empty it too soon....

The water bottles look nasty, but there's no fire hazard and the room STEWARDS :eek: seem to like them as well (especially because we put the cap back on before discarding).

BTW - we ARE considerate and only smoke outside on the balcony.

I use them in my car and in my bathroom, my DH is a non-smoker so I try to keep the peace. I think they are better than a water bottle or a can, the hole smothers out the (cig) if it sit there to long. I would empty mine and wash it out with dawn and hot water outside and never had a problem with smoke smells.

They are the best thing that I have found on the market today. I hate the sight of over flowing ashtrays and the sight of a butt in a plate or

food. I respect non-smokers and I understand the safety issues on cruise, but we have a right also. Thank you all for your comments, I have learned so much from these boards and made a few friends along the way.

Archived