shore excursions for the low budget

komputerguy

I'm planning on taking the 7 day Carnival Triumph in May to the eastern Carribean. What are some good cheap excursions to go on? I MUST go snorkeling as I have wanted to do that forever. I figure people on here have more experience to get the best bang for the buck! Thank!

I'd recommend Godfrey Tours; price is only $20 and he'll drop you at one of three beaches of your choice. We went to Sapphire Beach last trip and my boyfriend did some snorkeling there. We're using Godfrey again for our upcoming trip on the Voyager in March. You can read extensive reviews on the St. Thomas board.

I ditto lotro. For $20 pp with Godfrey (plus tip), it cannot be beat. We were looking for an inexpensive island tour for our families for after our wedding/reception, and Godfrey was a huge hit with them (ages 28-69). Our families did not purchase a single other excursion on that cruise (private island, St Maarten, St Thomas) but did do the tour we arranged with Godrey. They were all very highly appreciative of it. Also, I know that at Sapphire Beach you can rent snorkel equipment if you don't have your own (we usually bring our own and did do snorkeling there). Pics of our tour with him are located here.

Archived