Best thing to do in Turk? April aboard Carnival

Fourseventeen

Just got back on the Glory. We were in Grand Turk this past Fri. The beach area & Margaritaville are fun in & of themselves. They do rent snorkel stuff as previously mentioned.

It rained the day we were there so aside from walking the beach alittle & going in the water - we didn't stay out the entire time.

Some folks we met back on the ship, had gone to Gibb's Cay to do the snorkeling & said they had a great time. They really liked the stingrays. Will probably put that on my "things to do" list next time.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just got back on the Glory. We were in Grand Turk this past Fri. The beach area & Margaritaville are fun in & of themselves. They do rent snorkel stuff as previously mentioned.

It rained the day we were there so aside from walking the beach alittle & going in the water - we didn't stay out the entire time.

Some folks we met back on the ship, had gone to Gibb's Cay to do the snorkeling & said they had a great time. They really liked the stingrays. Will probably put that on my "things to do" list next time.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hubby and I were in GT 2 years ago and rented a moped/motorcycle. What fun it was to explore!!! This time we're traveling with our daughter's.

What's the best way to get to Gibb's Cay? We have our own snorkel gear, travleing with 7 and 11 year old daughters - would this be a good beach for them (not too much current?). Is there anywhere to get food at Gibb's Cay or do we need to pick up a lunch to bring?

TIA!

My husband and I are going to Turks in June off the Princess. We are thinking about doing horseback riding on the beach and then wading with your horse in the ocean. Not sure if that's something you guys are interested in but I wanted to throw it out there. Have a great vaca!

I appreciate the info Sparkle...horseback riding we both enjoy. We may do that in HMC on this cruise. We are aiming towards a water activity in GT I think. I hear the snorkeling and diving there is amazing so I am aiming more towards that right about now. Maybe a run to Jacks Shack after or some time spent at the cruise center/margaritaville

We just got back from a day at Grand Turk last week. I usually like to get out and see what an island has to offer, but I can't stress enough what a good beach day this stop is.

It looks like the captain parks the ship on the beach. The walkway is about 100 yards long and takes you from the ship to shore.

Great beach is a 2 minute walk from the ship. Beautiful pool, drinks, food... all just yards away. You literally can leave your beach chair about 3 minutes before they pull up the anchor (and it is funny to watch those that do, they tend to stumble for some reason).

If you want some great snorkeling, without the "crowd" experience, go with Blue Water Divers. They'll want a party of at least four people, for $50 each. We went to three sites [a shallow site near shore, the "Wall", and Governor's Beach] and then were dropped off at Jack's Shack. We didn't stay at Jack's - it was very hot and we were all hungry and tired, so we just went back to the ship. The young man who took us out was very knowledgeable and friendly, and Audrey in the office was great. We had a great time!

Archived