Where is the Ecstasy?

luving2cruise

update they were just told can cancel with FULL REFUND! If you decide to still cruise tomarrow a cruise to nowhere with $50 OBC PP and 20% off next cruise

Glad they are announcing that... Can they get their suitcases back from check in too??? Both on board and at the pier, I assume most folks would have checked their suitcases... :eek:

I wonder if they will open reservations for new cruisers to join up??? And if it will be only a $50 saving??? :confused:

My wife and daughter on are onboard.

Called them numerous times all morning and couldnt get through.

Finally around 330PM I get a text from my wife telling me that the port is closed and the ship is offshore.

Then around 6PM I get a text from my daughter stating that the captain has announced that they will not be porting until in the morning. I passed on this cruise due to work obligations. Kinda glad I did now.

Galveston is gonna be a CLUSTER tomorrow morning.

Glad they are announcing that... Can they get their suitcases back from check in too??? Both on board and at the pier, I assume most folks would have checked their suitcases... :eek:

I wonder if they will open reservations for new cruisers to join up??? And if it will be only a $50 saving??? :confused:

Great question just texted my BFF waiting answer. I know parking places were not to thrilled having to reopen so people could get their cars.They told them they have never had to do that before.

My wife and daughter on are onboard.

Called them numerous times all morning and couldnt get through.

Finally around 330PM I get a text from my wife telling me that the port is closed and the ship is offshore.

Then around 6PM I get a text from my daughter stating that the captain has announced that they will not be porting until in the morning. I passed on this cruise due to work obligations. Kinda glad I did now.

Galveston is gonna be a CLUSTER tomorrow morning.

So are they being let back into to there rooms?

My dad and sister are stuck on the ship right now and my sister is bored to death! They had to vacate their cabins early this morning so they've been stuck with their luggage all day. She said that it's freezing outside so they're stuck inside. And, they cut off internet access to the ship and are limiting everyone to 5 minutes per computer in the internet cafe.

If they didn't let me back in a cabin I'd be about 5 kinds of ticked off. I wouldn't object to paying extra but they'd better give me a place to sleep, shower etc.

what a mess

I'm sure the staff is handling it the best they can

and I'm also sure there are jerks blaming carnival for the fog

.. And I'm sure there are those currently on board demanding a full refund since their cruise was longer than anticipated...

Great question just texted my BFF waiting answer. I know parking places were not to thrilled having to reopen so people could get their cars.They told them they have never had to do that before.

When I've been postponed due to late arrival, I've not been able to park in the lots... Not until the ship docked and the spaces were freed from the debarking pax.... WOW!!! I can't imagine the system... And the parking lots -- are they expected to refund parking money for days not used??? OH MY???

I don't know why they woulldn't allow them back in the rooms. They have to sleep somewhere right?

I just lol'd at the thought of people fighting over deck chairs to sleep on. Think of the chair hogs!

That math does seem a bit odd, doesn't it??

As much as I have faith that Carnival is doing everything it can... Yep... I just booked a 5 day for next Feb... and $50 off the balcony cabin... not a great compromise... BUT... I would love the discount off my next cruise... Not bad if I used it for a 7 day cruise... :D

At 4:20 this afternoon I drove by the parking lots and there were lots and lots of empty spaces - lots of signs and little guys out waving - you know the routine. Maybe this cruise had lots of folks who flew in because there was more than adequate space.

Currently it is so foggy I cannot make out the house numbers across the street. Certainly hope it lifts by morning.

And not only is that guy planning on suing Carnival for "pain and suffering" for an extra day at the buffet, but he is also circulating a petition to present to Mother Nature, for having invented fog and to Father Time for not having frozen time until the fog could clear.

I pass the pier on my way to take my grand daughter to school (well, only if you're a cruiseaholic, normal people would take another route) but - I will let ya'll know what I see around 8:00

Sleep tight.

So are they being let back into to there rooms?

Talked to my dad a couple hours ago. They are being let back into their rooms. Apparently all the luggage which was collected last night is also being delivered back to the staterooms. It is going to be a madhouse in the morning, trying to get everyone off the ship. My sister has a flight out of Hobby at 1:30. Hope she'll be able to make it....

Talked to my dad a couple hours ago. They are being let back into their rooms. Apparently all the luggage which was collected last night is also being delivered back to the staterooms. It is going to be a madhouse in the morning, trying to get everyone off the ship. My sister has a flight out of Hobby at 1:30. Hope she'll be able to make it....

Good deal man i feel bad for everyone involed now they have to double clean the room unpack everyone luggage and then repack again tonight. Then do it all over again in the morning! I wonder if carnival is charging and extra tip for the extra day...so did they have to reopen everyones SS accounts...man all the possiblites...poor carnival staff nothing in there control and I can hear all the complaints from my house lol!

NOTE TO SELF: keep and extra change of clothes in carry-off bag just in case...

Wife just called from the Guest Services telephone onboard Ecstasy.

All guest were allowed back into their cabins and luggage delivered back.

They have been told that the fog is suppose to blow out after midnight and the ship will be docked by 7am.

We just got home from Galveston. We did check in at the convention center for cruise. Per the letter we were given, we are to get 15pp for lunch allowance, 20pp for refund of port fees, 20% off future cruise if before Dec 2011, and a refund of cruise fare to be prorated for missed day.

There were more people than I would have thought, that did get in the rain check line. This will be only a cruise to nowhere.

Sad to spend all afternoon hoping to get on a ship. Huge letdown to count down to 0 days for cruise and then have to add a day :eek:

Looking at CruiseCam, it seems like the fog has lifted, so maybe it can come in sooner? or maybe that would cause even more issues...coming in dead beat tired in the middle of the night, and the hotels are full of outgoing people, tired of waiting for the ship to come in.

Archived