Where is the Ecstasy?

luving2cruise

GOOD MORNING CRUISERS!!!

Ahhhhh... a WONDERFUL SIGHT!!!!

God bless the crew... God bless those whose plans were missed yesterday... and God bless those awaiting embarkation!!!

Well said.

galveston.com says the weather is 60 degrees and clear .. (no fog). Dont know enough about weather if that means the fog has cleared out or could come back tomorrow.

A cold front blew through yesterday - that's what pushed the fog out, so no it should not be foggy tomorrow. The cold front is here for a few days.

I hope this doesn't happen on our cruise in two weeks. Oh Please Please Please NO! It's taken me 3 years to get my husband to take us on a cruise. I need everything to go as smooth as possible so we can start planning for next year!!!!

So here's hoping March 25th is all clear!

I hope everyone had a smooth transition with all of the changes! It has to be very aggrivating, but what can ya do!?!

update they were just told can cancel with FULL REFUND! If you decide to still cruise tomarrow a cruise to nowhere with $50 OBC PP and 20% off next cruise

This is wrong information. I was at the pier and there is no full refund I have been on the phone for 1 hour now canceling this sailing and seeing about a credit for next cruise within 24 months!!!

I just lol'd at the thought of people fighting over deck chairs to sleep on. Think of the chair hogs!

You just gave me a good laugh! ...in my current state of EXTREME frustration! We had plenty of hard straight back chairs while we waited ib the terminal!...no food or drink though

NOTE TO SELF: keep and extra change of clothes in carry-off bag just in case...

Note to self too: bring a blanket and some SNACKS in case you have to wait 9 hours in the terminal that is so extremely inadequate for accomodating a group of frustrated cruisers...group being over 2,500...

By looking at the number of people who chose not to sail tomorrow, there should be at least a dozen or so rooms.

There is however, a chartered bus with 58 kids who are also now waiting to board :eek:. Not sure of the ages. They were frantically trying to assist them in arranging rooms for the night. They were left afoot once dropped by charter bus.

You can have my stateroom: E147. It was gonna be decorated for my girlfriend's 66th birthday...

I just got off the phone with Carnival, and they told me that they're not booking anyone on that sailing. Not sure how reliable the info is, so if anyone calls them and gets a different answer let me know! A short cruise to nowhere just before Spring break would be WONDERFUL!! --Katie

I just got off the phone with Carnival and there were no special deals for the cruise to nowhere. Most people did not cancel their sailing.

I was quoted an OV 6A at $700 per person. I said $700 total? and she said per person. "are you crazy?" I asked. I was looking at quick get me on and figured there were going to be cancelations, she said no.

20% off a future cruise plus $50 OBC on this cruise doesnt sound like a bad deal. I would have taken it.

Probably will cost $50 to get a last minute hotel at least though...even a cheap one like econo lodge which starts at $39.99.

I talked to my PVP who said they are also prorating the cruise and giving them 1/4 off this cruise, not just money off a future cruise and OBC.

Not many cancelled she said, so they didnt drop the prices for today.

I believe that it is no longer possible to book a cruise on departure day. Has to do with needing time (72 hours?) for Homeland Security to clear passengers' names etc. If I am wrong I am sure someone here will correct me.

Patty in Houston

Not true, you CAN book the day a cruise leaves .. bad rumor. Please dont spread it ... people keep reading this and repeating it.

I just got off the phone with Carnival and there were no special deals for the cruise to nowhere. Most people did not cancel their sailing.

I was quoted an OV 6A at $700 per person. I said $700 total? and she said per person. "are you crazy?" I asked. I was looking at quick get me on and figured there were going to be cancelations, she said no.

I was quoted $650 PER PERSON for a inside ... I felt the same way ..are you kidding me?

Well, I got a copy of the letter being handed out. Its a $20 OBC (not a $50 OBC as someone posted). Here is a except. I have the entire letter if someone wants to see it.

All guests who sail will receive a one day prorated refund of their cruise fare to be processed in the next three weeks. This will help offset any expenses you may incur today. Along with that, each guest will receive a $20 per person on board credit to reflect a refund of the government fees for the cancelled port of Cozumel. Plus, everyone who sails will receive a 20% discount on any future 3 to 5 day cruise departing prior to December 15, 2011. All shore excursions purchased for Cozumel will also be refunded to your on board Sail and Sign account.

I stand corrected. Thanks, fire. :o

Sorry if I didnt phase it nicer .. I know Iv been called rude before. I do see this posted all the time so folks keep reading it and repeating it...

But alas and alack .. I guess not enough knew they could cancel with full credit or wanted too.. not booking at $650 pp for a inside cabin on a cruise to nowhere.

You can have my stateroom: E147. It was gonna be decorated for my girlfriend's 66th birthday...

Just got off the phone with Fighterone...such disappointment! I wish Carnival really understood just how passionate we are about cruising! Hang in there F1...we'll be on the Conquest in 50 days!!

I was quoted $650 PER PERSON for a inside ... I felt the same way ..are you kidding me?

Yeah! I was ready to take a half day off work today and come in late on Monday too. The wife was already off today so the timing was perfect.

Carnival should have taken advantage of getting a few locals on the shortened cruise. More money spent onboard!

You just gave me a good laugh! ...in my current state of EXTREME frustration! We had plenty of hard straight back chairs while we waited ib the terminal!...no food or drink though

Glad I could help you smile during such a disappointing time :)

I hope your next cruise works out better!

Just got off the phone with Fighterone...such disappointment! I wish Carnival really understood just how passionate we are about cruising! Hang in there F1...we'll be on the Conquest in 50 days!!

Ginag! Thanks for the encouraging words! Here is what I wrote to them today on a fax cover sheet to transfer cruise credit for my friend!

Attached, please find the request to Transfer Cruise Credit, for reservation number XXXXX by XX duly signed and notarized. She faxed it to me since I am the one who made the payment and you also need proof of payment.

Please know that Ms. XX was extremely disappointed, as was I, with the Carnival experience, yesterday. We understand that fog can close a harbor but had hoped that you would be better prepared for this eventuality. This would have been Ms. XX's first sail, for her birthday. After waiting over eight (8) hours at the pier, however, in freezing rooms with hard straight back chairs, with no food, no drink, and no public announcements, until 1630, and after witnessing that a couple nearby, on their first cruise, received food and drink from a Carnival representative in a red shirt and finally after being harassed to move from one area to another because of changes in the “boarding protocol” she is absolutely categorical in never wanting to sail with your company again. Please know that as my guest, this was a terrific disappointment to me as I had hoped that she would take a liking to cruising and become an avid fan, as we have been. Due to these unfortunate circumstances, we should hope that you will waive the $20.00 processing fee.

Please acknowledge receipt of this fax via e-mail to XXX.

We are waiting for the processing of this credit to book a cruise, since your fares will be increasing on March 22, 2010, we hope you can process this transfer and credit quickly.

I am not holding my breath for the $20 fee to be waived...

Archived