Where are the Valor Reviews

cruisingbajan

Hey recent valor cruisers

Where are the Valor reviews??:confused: I'm going through valor review withdrawl here? I know some of you should be back from your cruise by now...help a brother out will you??:D;)....Got any Valor spare reviews:(:p:D

Thanks

I leave in 3 days - i also read the recent, not-so-great reviews. They all seemed to be from the 21st, so maybe it was just a bad week? Or some crazy person making four CC accounts so they could post all kinds of bad reviews ;)

Where are the Valor reviews??:confused: I'm going through valor review withdrawl here? I know some of you should be back from your cruise by now...help a brother out will you??:D;)....Got any Valor spare reviews

Thanks

This one is pretty recent.. and very good..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1143537

Remember not everyone is a member of CC and not everyone does reviews.. take what you can get;)

I went on the Valor last February. Not one complaint from us. Beautiful ship, and the staff was great!! We are going on the Glory next March - seems too long to wait! I can pull up some pictures, if you like.

I leave in 3 days - i also read the recent, not-so-great reviews. They all seemed to be from the 21st, so maybe it was just a bad week? Or some crazy person making four CC accounts so they could post all kinds of bad reviews ;)

I was on the ship on the 21st. I've been promising to post a review...and have done some mini reviews regarding excursions etc. but have yet to post my Full review.

When people say, "It was okay...nothing to write home about", they were probably referring to this cruise. Perhaps that is the reason for the lack of reviews. It wasn't great...but it wasn't bad either.

Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived very early and were in zone 1. We were on board by 11:30 and having lunch. I never heard any announcement about the rooms being ready...It just seemed like at about 1:30 or so, people started heading in mass to their rooms.

No complaints about the ship staff or the food, it was great. I never learned my cabin steward's name...she never introduced herself, She would just smile and say hi in the halls. When I asked her to do things, she followed through...she kept our room clean...no complains. The head waiter and his assistant were very thorough. They did an excellent job of getting our food to us almost as soon as we ordered it. They worked extra hard, seeing that we had kids and were in the late seating. I made sure they were well compensated for their efforts.

The ship itself was clean and well cared for. The hallway to our room smelled like vomit when we first arrived on the ship...but a few hours later I saw the stewards scrubbing down the walls and floors, and never had another incident like that on the ship.

Entertainment was hit and miss. The main group performing on the lido deck were downright awful. The Valor Dancers and singers were horrible in their first performance. There was just no energy, they were dancing out of sinc, and the vocalist weren't singing very well either. Their main show (an 80s review) was high energy and very good, perhaps I liked it as much as I did, because my expectations were so low after the first performance, seriously, I almost skipped it but I am glad I didn't. The first comedian was absolutely hilarious...The second, based his comedy on making fun of people in the audience, and just being rude in general. I personally didn't really care for his brand of humor. The magician and juggler were great as well.

My kids had much more fun in the kids club this time around than they had on the last cruise we went on. My 6 year old would have spent the whole cruise in the kids club if he could. Both of my kids HATED the kids club when we sailed on the Splendor, so it was nice to see that they liked it so much this time around.

The weather during the trip was hit and miss, with raining and rough seas on both sea days. We managed to make all the ports, but Carnival did need to cancel some of the excursions due to the weather. There is nothing carnival can do about any of that... but it might have tempered the enthusiasm of some cruisers.

Debarkation was easy. We used self debarkation, and it went much more smoothly than our last trip.

I went on the Valor last February. Not one complaint from us. Beautiful ship, and the staff was great!! We are going on the Glory next March - seems too long to wait! I can pull up some pictures, if you like.

I'd love to see some of your pictures, thanks!!!

Was on Valor 2-28-10 till 3- 7-10

Short and to the point

Plane landed at 9;30 shuttle left at 10 was on the boat at by 11 in my room by 11;30.

Room 8455 great room,great deck,great room steward,always very clean .I came in one day while they were cleaning and they were cleaning the walls.The entire cruise I saw everyone cleaning.

(I talked to subcontractors that were onboard cleaning the ductwork,they said they would be getting off in Grand Cayman.With the amount of cleaning I saw going on throughout the ship I think there was a scare after the Ceberty ship got sick) Dont know dont care,it was always clean.

The food was ok,no big deal.Lots of it.

The buffet was cold (I could be there as soon a s they put the food out and it would be cold)They could use better warmers or something.

I still ate and was happy.

Our waiter at the early dinner sucked,he had an attitude day 1,2.3 then we dident see him till day 6 the extra waiter was great.

I dident want to tip the waiter at all but I did ,and I gave his helper more then him:D

It's late GTG

Where are the Valor reviews??:confused: I'm going through valor review withdrawl here? I know some of you should be back from your cruise by now...help a brother out will you??:D;)....Got any Valor spare reviews:(:p:D

Thanks

Well, mine is a year old (see sig) but hey, it's a Valor review!

Thanks

Hi,

DW and I sailed the Valor in Jan - my review is here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1130628&highlight=

Let me know if you have questions.

We were on the 21st sailing. The ship is beautiful! We really enjoyed the theme of the ship.

The staff seemed to be over-worked. Some were down right crabby! Our waitstaff were awesome! Our room steward was adequate

This was our 4th CC and we are usually big cheerleaders! We definitely noticed the cutbacks!

The food I thought was really good. We ate in the MDR every night. The buffets was usual fare. The burrito bar was excellant!

We didn't go to that many shows. First night wasn't that good. Last night was really good. First comedian really funny. Second comedian was rude and offensive. All in all we loved the Valor and may sail on her again in Oct!

We are hoping it was just a bad week for the staff. The thing we love the most about Carnival is the fun staff. You never pass a staff member who doesn't greet you. This ship was lacking IMHO!

Belize was great. We did the cave tubing and zipline excursion! Friendly people and beautiful country!

Costa Maya was not as nice. They are still trying to recover from the hurricane 2 yrs ago. We did a beach break that was really nice. It took an hour to get to the beach but the buses were very nice.

Cozumel was so much fun. It was my sisters bday so we were ready for some fun! Our excursion was cancelled do to windy conditions so we just did our own thing. Including a trip to senior frogs!

Caymans- really commercial, really expensive and lots of people! Margaritaville was a blast! The dj was crazy fun!

Hope this helps. If you have any questions just ask!

I've been looking for Valor reviews also, so I went to the reviews section of CruiseCritic and found a couple of recent, not-so-great reviews. I guess everyone has their own take on a cruise.....

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=338

I've actually read all of these reviews already.:D I need a new fix.:D:p

Hi,

DW and I sailed the Valor in Jan - my review is here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1130628&highlight=

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks Geek Squard...I also read your review. It was great with excellent pics.

What can I say guys. I am a Valor Review Junkie.:eek::p

I put up a review in the reviews section. Not a good review (as in, I could have written longer one and my review of the cruise was not a thumbs up either), however I also reviewed the ports of call and think I did a better job on them.

I put up a review in the reviews section. Not a good review (as in, I could have written longer one and my review of the cruise was not a thumbs up either), however I also reviewed the ports of call and think I did a better job on them.

Thanks Gonz.

Archived