A little nervous about A1 cabin

netizen2

We noticed a little more motion at certain times in our port hole this past August , however , it wasn't that bad. Didn't notice any waves coming up to the portholes , but we weren't in the room that that much anyway. Last year we had 2212 booked on the Glory , this year we have 2216.

I hope you don't mind me 'barging in' on this thread but I have a question on these cabins (A1). I am booking a very similar one on Costa new ship (which is identical to Carnival Breeze). I noticed that the theater stage is more or less on top of the cabin (2014). Does anyone who traveled on those cabins noticed noise coming from the theater?

I also agree that sometimes the bow thruster can be quite noisy but dropping the anchor and also the cable machines when the ship is docking I feel would be noisier.

Thanks

I have never notice any theather noise and have slept under the theather stage several times. However, I am always out and about and tend to not be in the room druing the shows.

I have "heard" (no personal experience) people say that they have heard a faint "thump" of dancers and such while they were practicing or during a show, so it may depend on if you happen to be in the room while the dancers are on the stage.

To all those answering the OP question: This thread is over 3 years old.:)

I just returned from my 1st port hole cabin on the Elation. I'm a balcony snob so I prepared for the worse. It wasn't bad at all. The Elation is the smallest ship that I have sailed. Feeling the motion of the ship on the ocean was far worse then my port hole cabin and hearing the anchor drop. I didn't get sea sick but you could feel the ship moving on this small vessel. I don't know what I was expecting being that forward on the ship but it was quite pleasant. We only had one stop and yes I could hear the anchor being dropped but it really wasn't a big deal. When I upload my pics I'll let you know what time the noise started and what time it ended. I took a pic of the tv w/ the time on it so I could post how long the noise last. It was longer then 10 minutes but not an hour long. And it really wasn't a big deal like some make it out to be. It sounds like a crank letting down a chain.

I'm now looking for port holes when I cruise solo.

I have never notice any theather noise and have slept under the theather stage several times. However, I am always out and about and tend to not be in the room druing the shows.

I have "heard" (no personal experience) people say that they have heard a faint "thump" of dancers and such while they were practicing or during a show, so it may depend on if you happen to be in the room while the dancers are on the stage.

To all those answering the OP question: This thread is over 3 years old.:)

Thank you! It is just a bit unfortunate that I am a light sleeper (although once on Splendour of the Seas, the ship suddenly listed a good 8 degrees to starboard and I slept through it... just felt odd that I was not on my normal position in the bed :-))) so I hope there is no 'thump' :-) Always take earplugs though :-) but the berthing maneuvers noises will be difficult to avoid.

On my last cruise, I stayed in a similar cabin on the lowest (Riviera) deck. The cabin was PT, not A1, but it was still in the far forward location, at least enough to feel the rocking pretty strongly. On Freeport day in the morning, it was fairly quiet in the cabin; I barely heard any engine noises. (Maybe the bow thrusters were not used?) But on Nassau day, it was LOUD. It was a very jarring wake-up call; I could hear the thrusters loud and clear, and the room was vibrating slightly. It felt like being inside an old-style MRI machine, the kind where you lie down and slide into a tunnel. The same was true on debarkation morning, but that's when I needed to wake up early anyway.

Long story short, if these things don't bother you, get the A1 porthole room. You will save a lot of money, and you will get most of the benefits of an oceanview for an A1 price. Just remember that the view will be very tunnel-like, since the portholes are recessed into the hull.

Archived