Scuba diving on Eclipse?

MTElkwhistle

Does Celebrity offer PADI scuba courses?

I'm guessing since I cant find any information that the answer will be no, but thought I would ask all you people who have cruised Celebrity previously.

Thanks

I have not seen PADI but I have seen where on some port days you can take a pool course and then go diving with a dive master. This, of course, is not PADI.

Some cruise lines do offer it on longer cruises where you have two full days of classes and pool work then get certified on you water dive in-port.

Look at the excursion listing for each port you will be in, you may see it there.

Some cruise lines do offer it on longer cruises where you have two full days of classes and pool work then get certified on you water dive in-port.

Yes this is what I am looking for - I remember on the Mariner OTS they offered it but my son was not old enough - now he is and will complete his open water here in the cold waters here off west Scotland if I cant find somewhere warmer.

Thanks for answering.

Currently =X= does not offer any SCUBA courses on board. I have suggested that they might want to consider doing so on some of the longer Caribbean cruises. The reply I got form the person whith whom I was speaking was totally noncommital.

I do understand why a cruise line would be reluctant to engage in this kind of training aboard their vessels. First is the liability issue. Second is the resources that offering even a short refresher course would tie up - pool time, classroom space, manpower, etc. The final and most important consideration is that I see no way that this would be a big money maker for the cruise line. If doesn't have the potential to make money and preferrably a lot of it they aren't too interested.

This is just my $0.02 worth on the subject. Would love to see =X= offer SCUBA course even though both of us are advanced OW certified.

:):)

Archived