category guarantee upgrade

sandyruns

I feel like I won the lottery! I booked a catgory guarantee for a cruise a few months from now, and just found out I got upgraded to an owner's suite! Can't wait! I called to verify and was told if a room is assigned, it's ours for sure.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Back in July 2003, we were upgraded from a B2 suite to Owner's suite 3 weeks before departure ( from Istanbul to Venice ). Our cruise was just amazing ! I'll remember for ever the arrival in Venice watched from our private forward terrace...

I had read about not getting an assignment until 30 days in advance also, so I wasn't expecting one this soon. I called after seeing OW category online and they said if I have a room assigment listed, it's mine. Not sure why it was this early, but I'm not complaining!

I booked a A1 Guarantee and received a B2 Balcony room....not the Owner's Suite but at least an upgrade. Not bad for a first timer on Seabourn. For you folks that got OW, had you sailed Seabourn previously?

what great deals.We are one a Gtee V3 for MAy 8th so waiting to see what will turn up.

What is better ,book a position you like or can you choose a Gtee grade then wait to see what you get?You may get something worse i.e forward on ship,thus unsettled sleep.

what great deals.We are one a Gtee V3 for MAy 8th so waiting to see what will turn up.

What is better ,book a position you like or can you choose a Gtee grade then wait to see what you get?You may get something worse i.e forward on ship,thus unsettled sleep.

Always best to book and pay for what you want,then you always get what you want and are never disappointed.

I booked a A1 Guarantee and received a B2 Balcony room....not the Owner's Suite but at least an upgrade. Not bad for a first timer on Seabourn. For you folks that got OW, had you sailed Seabourn previously?

I have over 250 days on SB... Lord of the Seas is right though... If you expect anything more than your GTY. book what you want...

Host Dan

Actually, it was our first cruise! we were so lucky. The year after, july 2004, we tryed SS to compare with Seabourn. we booked a midship veranda suite, but no upgrade ! the SS suite was very nice and confortable but the service was not as good as <<seabourn . And no more cruise the past years : too much work for my husband, and not enough money ... we prefer save for a nice cruise on Seabourn than go on a mass market one ! may be next year !

We booked our first cruise with Seabourn in Feb. for May, and had a Gty of V3. When I logged onto "already booked" Sun. morning we'd been assigned a V6. I did my "good thing no one could see me" happy dance and on Monday received the lovely presentation of cruise documents. The cabin assignment still read GTY but travel agent assured me that what is posted online is accurate. My excitement level about this trip was already pretty high and this upgrade has put me over the top. Had all I could do to not start packing Monday night.:D

My question is why were we upgraded? My theory is that they were able to sell the category I booked at a higher rate than I paid and had not sold the level we were upgraded to. Is this how it works?

We booked our first cruise with Seabourn in Feb. for May, and had a Gty of V3. When I logged onto "already booked" Sun. morning we'd been assigned a V6. quote]

Please excuse my ignorance. What is the web site and page you logged on to to get the suite assignment information?

Thanks

Please excuse my ignorance. What is the web site and page you logged on to to get the suite assignment information?

On the Seabourn website there is an already booked linked in the upper right quadrant of the page. If you click on this link, you will be taken to a page where you can login. Your booking number should be on the invoice for your deposit.

We booked our first cruise with Seabourn in Feb. for May, and had a Gty of V3. When I logged onto "already booked" Sun. morning we'd been assigned a V6. I did my "good thing no one could see me" happy dance and on Monday received the lovely presentation of cruise documents. The cabin assignment still read GTY but travel agent assured me that what is posted online is accurate. My excitement level about this trip was already pretty high and this upgrade has put me over the top. Had all I could do to not start packing Monday night.:D

My question is why were we upgraded? My theory is that they were able to sell the category I booked at a higher rate than I paid and had not sold the level we were upgraded to. Is this how it works?

There are a few poor suites on deck seven in the V6 grade.

If you say which one you are in,I might be able to advise.

On the Seabourn website there is an already booked linked in the upper right quadrant of the page. If you click on this link, you will be taken to a page where you can login. Your booking number should be on the invoice for your deposit.

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...
Hi!

We booked a gty class A and got a A3 on deck 6. Not a bad deal!

Best wishes

Stefan

Hi, Stefan!

We got the same upgrade last year on the Spirit. You'll be a bit forward, which is only a problem if the wind or water is rough. Honestly, there was just one night last year where this was a problem (we were on 3 weeks). First night out of Venice was very choppy and if you were prone to seasickness, this room would not have been your best bet. I, however, survived! A miracle. I would have done better if I had worn my arm bands earlier. I would invest in the arm bands and wear them upon boarding. I would also use the candied ginger at the entrance to the restaurant if I were still feeling sick. If I was able to avert seasickness, then it should not be a problem for anyone. I am very prone to seasickness.

I reiterate, the biggest mistake was not wearing the arm bands until we had bad conditions. I think we were in suite 303. It was perfect. Just make sure you stay ahead of the seasickness!

Archived