Best thing to do while in port- 7am-3pm

Fourseventeen

Looking for something to do while in port late April. Coming in on Carnival Glory. Never been to PR before. Wanna see some real neat sights while we are there. We love nature, outdoors, anything exciting as well as anything a little relaxing. (shes mid 20s and im late 20s)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Though I love OSJ and just wandering around there, you may want to look into the Jet ski tour in SJ. You see the sites from the water. Or Segway.

Or you can go to Campo Rico in SJ and do one of the activities they have there- horse back riding, ATV's,zip lines , golf etc.

There are other activities if these don't appeal to you....what else might you want to do?

The 2 hr Segway tour is a real blast. You will tool around the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan, then go up to, and tour, the fort El Morro. We did the 9 a.m. tour. Then, hopped a free trolley up the hill, got off by San Cristobal Fort, and worked our way back through the streets, shops, plazas, etc. Before heading back to the ship, we stopped at the Tourist Info Center, and the Don Q Visitor Center, each of which will give you a free rum drink. Old San Juan is beautiful. Everywhere you look, is a "photo op".

Thanks Gin....

so far that sounds like a good plan. I wanted to see El Morro and I wanted to make sure we get in on the rum sampling while we are out there too. The other thing we had started looking into was the rain forest hike. That sounds neat too but im not sure I wanna get wet at every port lol. We are doing jet ski's at the stop in the Bahamas so we wanted to do something different in SJ.

I'll second the segway tour. Just back from my trip and did the tour on my day after cruising. Natalya was our guide, informative and fun.

Incredibly fun even in the rain. Actually they supplied raincoats (just a light drizzle actually) she said it actually worked in our favor as we had more space to play in since people were staying out of the rain. We even went down a street through town after El Morro.

A great way to see alot and learn the history in a short amount of time while feeling like you are playing.

I'm even planning to repeat when I go back next year it was that fun:D

You's had mentioned the Segway tour, is that a tour available through Carnival? I looked at the shore excursions on their website and didn't see it listed. Also, is that something that young kids could do too?

You's had mentioned the Segway tour, is that a tour available through Carnival? I looked at the shore excursions on their website and didn't see it listed. Also, is that something that young kids could do too?

Yes, please give us more info on the Segway tour please.:)

We booked the Segway tour independently, on-line. The address is: http://www.segwaytourspr.com.

The office is close to the cruise pier. It's by Pier 2. When you debark, take a left and walk down a little, there is a small mini-mall type area. It's in there.

We did the 2 hr. tour. It's a little pricey, ($84/pp) but worth every penny!

Children are allowed, but I'm not sure what the cut-off is for ages.

Archived