Carnival Spirit Obstructed View Balcony

STEVENJAN

How bad is the view in the obstructed view balcony cabins?

There is a great deal out of San Diego at the end of November for an 8 day.

11/28/10 $544.00

I would like to try a balcony but their great deal is an obstructed view.

Have others sailed the Spirit in these cabins?

Does it pay to stay in them compared to ocean view?

Is an obstructed view balcony worth it?

I think the Spirit also sails to Hawaii.

I have thought of trying that trip also, but they sail out of Ensenada.

11/28/10 $544.00

Many love these cabins.. you can't see ahead but can down.. or vice versa.. but you are not saying what cabin you are looking at..

11/28/10 $544.00

You could do the Hawaii to Vancouver. That is the one I will be doing in April or they have a Vancouver to Hawaii one.

Hello Steve and Jan, I got this info when I booked the Legend. It is the same deck plan as the Spirit. The view can be either more or less obstructed due to the size of lifeboat outside of your cabin. The larger lifeboats will come up to the railing on your balcony, thus causing more of an obstruction. The smaller lifeboats will only come up to the bottom of the floor of your balcony. Booking a cabin with a smaller lifeboat outside will allow you to see striaght out to the water but will obstruct you from looking straight down.

Here is a cabin list: Larger/Taller L. boats: cabin #'s 5142 - 5167

Smaller/Shorter L. boats #'s 5168 - 5191

and 5224 - 5245

I hope that this makes your decision easier. :) Rick and Cari in Indy

Many love these cabins.. you can't see ahead but can down.. or vice versa.. but you are not saying what cabin you are looking at..

There is a list of about ten cabins to choose from on Orbitz and another site I get emails from. I looked on Carnival.com and the price was slightly higher.

Of course I asked the wife if she wanted to cruise to Acapulco in November and she said "YES"! and then of course, she said .....oh, wait (we are like others and have bills to pay...teeth this time around).

Anyway we are looking. We like to cruise when it isn't high season. It is a little different crowd.

There is a list of about ten cabins to choose from on Orbitz and another site I get emails from. I looked on Carnival.com and the price was slightly higher.

Of course I asked the wife if she wanted to cruise to Acapulco in November and she said "YES"! and then of course, she said .....oh, wait (we are like others and have bills to pay...teeth this time around).

Anyway we are looking. We like to cruise when it isn't high season. It is a little different crowd.

Just remember sometimes the other sites don't add all the fees until later. Go through as if you are going to book to get the full payment.

Hello Steve and Jan, I got this info when I booked the Legend. It is the same deck plan as the Spirit. The view can be either more or less obstructed due to the size of lifeboat outside of your cabin. The larger lifeboats will come up to the railing on your balcony, thus causing more of an obstruction. The smaller lifeboats will only come up to the bottom of the floor of your balcony. Booking a cabin with a smaller lifeboat outside will allow you to see striaght out to the water but will obstruct you from looking straight down.

Here is a cabin list: Larger/Taller L. boats: cabin #'s 5142 - 5167

Smaller/Shorter L. boats #'s 5168 - 5191

and 5224 - 5245

I hope that this makes your decision easier. :) Rick and Cari in Indy

These are the cabin numbers available with obstructed view; 5154,5156,5158,5159,5176,5177,5181,5184,5186 and 5189

Does anyone have a recommendation on which cabin has the best view? Are they all equal otherwise? Janet asks tomorrow if she can have the time off.

My leave slip was submitted today. Approved. The other issue I am looking at is, the best rate is early saver, any problem with that other than that it is over 8 months away?

We are booked in a 7A on the Spirit in November and I think its a great deal as we were originally looking at just an ocean view. The price difference was so small to move up to a balcony. As a previous person said the taller lifeboats are the first 3 boats so pick a cabin behind those so you can see out better. Also 5190 & 5191 will have a blocked view when looking towards the back of the ship as the balconies are further inward. We chose one of these though as we needed the upper & sofa. Hope that makes sense (look at the deck plan).

We booked directly with Carnival as the end price (incl all taxes/port fees) was the same as a few online sites. I've since read that it was a wise decision as Carnival apparently will not deal with you directly if you booked elsewhere. It may be easier for service in the future. :)

Cabin 5158 great price for an 8 day cruise.

We've been to Puerto Vallarta 3 times and it was time for a change.

This is our first balcony, I hope we picked right or at least ok.

The violence in Mexico doesn't scare me...we have traveled to D.C.

We can always just stay on board or get a massage on shore.

Archived