Question about the Sea Princess...out of Barbados

goldens4ever

The sit-down Pizzeria on Sea Princess looks mighty tempting I must admit!

I LOVE the pizza on the larger ships, but the pizzeria pizza on sun class is the BEST!! You get a personal sized, thin crust pizza that is wonderful. Ahhh..

Well, different strokes, different folks!

We like the sea days from Florida to the Caribbean, and in particular like having a night in Florida before boarding the ship, to help get over the journey.

The days at sea on the return leg are our absolute favourites... we much prefer a sea day before disembarkation... it seems awfully sudden to go straight from a tropical island to a disembarkation port.

Saying that, we are off in a few weeks to sail Sea Princess ex Barbados... what we do like about the Barbados round trip is the direct charter flight from Manchester, and the cheap upgrade to decent size seats.

I'm thinking of doing the Sea Princess out of Barbados next Feb 2011. What flight did you get direct from Manchester to Barbados? I've looked at the Manchester Airport website and it looks like only Virgin fly direct from Manchester to Barbados and only on a Sunday - the ship sails on a Monday!! I'm assuming you would fly via Heathrow? As we'll possibly be flying with my 86-year old mother, a direct flight would of course be preferable!!! Enjoy your cruise. :cool:

A wee story about our 'Barbados cruise',a few years ago. I am a Briit., but have been in Canada since the mid fifties.

I enjoyed speaking with those from the U.K., but, most persons being from the north, gave me a problem at times in understanding them. However, at breakfast one time we met a delightful negro couple, who were very easy to understand, yes, the had their British passports, but their country of birth was Barbados!

Have just had an Email from our sons' little family, they have just left 'Harriot Country' and are off to Greece.

john

• 2 weeks later...
I really wanted to try out the ship...and the ports were also good....I've only been to each port once....(or will have been to them once....upcoming cruise)....so it sounded pretty good....but certainly not good enough to pay double....

So...unless the prices drop....I'll be cruising on another boat!

Again...I'll keep checking in here ...if anyone has any other info....thanks for all the info !

I noticed the price of this cruise has come way, way down! You should check it out..$769 PP for a balcony cabin (with the past passenger discount).

The Sea Princess was our first cruise, ten years ago. We liked it so much we sailed on her sister Dawn - our only cruise on a ship of the same class we've sailed before.

I guess Barbados is a good port if you're coming from England, but I'd prefer to sail from Puerto Rico. I'll have to fly to Barbados if I ever sail on the Royal Clipper, however.

We have some pix on our web site for both Sea and Dawn...

We were on Sea Princess for the second time in '08 - RT out of Barbados - and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. We flew nonstop from Philadelphia. It was our second time on Sea Princess and we think it's a great ship - nice size, good staff, and we enjoyed the mostly Brit passenger contingent. What interesting dinner conversations we had!

It's the tried-and-true Princess experience and with a more international twist.

For photos of the ship, see the link in my signature. Caution: we DID treat ourselves to a suite for the first time! :D

I'm thinking of doing the Sea Princess out of Barbados next Feb 2011. What flight did you get direct from Manchester to Barbados? I've looked at the Manchester Airport website and it looks like only Virgin fly direct from Manchester to Barbados and only on a Sunday - the ship sails on a Monday!! I'm assuming you would fly via Heathrow? As we'll possibly be flying with my 86-year old mother, a direct flight would of course be preferable!!! Enjoy your cruise. :cool:

Princess do charter flights out of Manchester, Gatwick and normally a local airport eg: Cardiff, Edinburgh etc. Everyone one on the flight will be on the cruise. We did the Sea Princess in Jan 09 flying from Cardiff direct to Montego bay, as that cruise was a round trip from Montego Bay.

It was our first cruise, we had an amazing time, and would definately sail on her again.

Archived