Trunk Bay....Coki Beach

HorrorFan

Which beach is the best for a family for snorkeling? We will be there for a day and would like to have some beach/snorkeling time, but don;t want to spend the whole day. We would also like to do some shopping. Could anyone suggest the best beach?

Both beaches are excellent choices for snorkeling. As to which to choose depends on how old your children are and how well they swim.

To get to the underwater snorkeling trail at Trunk Bay is a bit of a swim.

At Coki, the water drops off a bit quicker than it does at Trunk Bay but you don't have to swim very far at all to see fish. There's a nice bonus: if you wind up near a scuba class, the instructor will have food on him/her with which to attract fish. You will see schools of them shooting past you to get at that food.

Both beaches are popular cruise ship destinations and will get crowded. If there will be a lot of ships in town with yours, I would look into other alternatives:

St. Thomas

http://www.*****/stthomas/beaches_stt/

St. John

http://www.*****/stjohn/beaches_stj/

On St. Thomas I would consider Secret Harbour as an alternative. On St. John, I would consider either Hawksnest or Cinnamon.

As far as shopping goes, if your ship docks at Havensight you will find an abundance of shops right there.

Archived