Disney Q's

MrsZee

We are considering doing a 4 day Disney cruise next year, and while I am excited at the prospect, I don't like that I will be a "newbie" all over again. I was hoping that you guys could share the basics with me, just so I know what to expect.

We are thinking of going in October 2011 and getting a verandah room. We will have a 3 year old and we are trying to get pregnant, so hopefully we will have an infant too.

I know that being 3, our son will get to enjoy the kids clubs. And I know they offer a nursery for infants. What time can you use the nursery, and how many hours a day do they offer it? Do they have it at night like Carnival does? We realize that cruising with an infant means that he/she will be with us just about the whole time, but it would be nice to check out the adult pool for a couple hours or try the adult restaurant.

I am reading the Disney tip thread now to get all kinds of info, but I thought it would be nice to hear from parents of younger kids on what to expect. :) Thanks!

My Trip Report on my latest Disney cruise (3 day) is here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=846086

It has copies of the kid menus, pictures of the veradah cabin and things like that in the review

I have never personally used Flounders (the nursery).

But you can pre-book up to 10 hours of babysitting before you sail (online). Price is $6/hour. You have to provide the bottles/milk, diapers and wipes. It seemed like a very clean and very comforable place for the little ones. :)

The baby can splash around in the Mickey's Fantasia hat water area. It's next to the Mickey pool. Because he/she will be in a diaper, she won't be able to use the other pools, but the Mickey Hat area will be available for you to use.

Thanks, great review. :) I especially loved the waverunner part, very funny! I see you took your video down, do you have it uploaded anywhere else?

I didn't take it down. That site is quirky. You have to log into it every 30 days or they delete your uploaded files. :eek: I didn't realize it until it was too late. :( So its gone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Good for you! You will have a great time!

So much to tell, we have been on the Disney Cruise 5 times now. Girls have been 18 months, 18 months and 4 years old, and lastly 3 and 6. Also while I was pregnant. So we have done the gammet!

I guess it would be earier to answer any questions you might have, because I could go on and on in detail! We have only had Verandahs, and we have no problems with them. They are plexiglass, so the girls can see out without having to climb onto anything to see. If you are worried, as kids can be climbers, you can have them remove the chairs and tables for you. The door is heavy, and they wouldn't be able to get out there without you.

The really nice thing with Disney is that EVERY room has a tub (except maybe the handicapped rooms). I far as I can tell, that is not the cruise norm...

Flouders is great with babies, but you do need to book time in advance. When you think you want to eat at Palos then book your Nursery time. We had booked it for during the shows on our first cruise with just DD (she was 18 months) which was fine. But she would have done well at the shows as well.

The kids club is great for the 3-4 year olds. I think they may be changing some things as far as age groupings so you may need to look at that. But the Oceaneer's Club (usually for the 3-6 crew) is really nicely done in a Peter Pan motif. The clubs on the new ship, THE DREAM, are going to be incredible! I just don't want to waste just 5 days on that ship. I think you will need a full week to see everything, so we are patiently waiting for 7 day cruises on the Dream.

There is so much I could go on about, so I guess, if there are specifics you want to know, just ask! Like I said, we have done it pregnant, with younger Flounder age kids, with Flounder and Kids Club age, and most recently with Kids Club, and Oceaneers ages. We haven't done the teen thing yet, and I'm in no hurry!!

Oh, how exciting for you!!

Archived