Are multi-tools & manicure scissors okay?

Luv2Travelnow

I have a Leatherman multi-tool set with cork opener, wrench, and a small blade on it. Is it okay to take on the ship?

Also have a manicure multi-tool set, with clippers, small scissors on it. Is that okay too?

Can I bring it on board myself, or do I have to put it into checked luggage?

if the blades are under 3" i think they are ok BUT I would toss it in your luggage to be safe. I know manicure size scissors and small blade knifes are ok. I always bring my small benchmade with me on cruises. I just wont take them off the ship in other ports since I do not know their policies there.

My dad always has his leatherman with him and I carry a 3" pocket knife and we have never had any problems.

The crew members (the deck staff at least) should always have knives on them, so I don't see any reason why passengers wouldn't be able to have them.

Hubby accidently had his leatherman on his person at a check in...I want to say FLL but can't remember for sure. But at any rate they let him take because the blade is less than 3 ". To avoid hassels just put it in the checked luggage. It has came in handy before! I have also had manicure scissors with me to open the luggage ties...no problems.

I have carried my Gerber knife on both cruises. It stays in my pocket, but it has the clip that shows on the outside of your pocket. Had to take it off at the metal detector, but they gave it right back. It has a 3" blade. I was very suprised they let me keep it, it was left in my pocket by accident both times (habit)

Archived