Anyone had experience asking room attendant to remove contents of fridge?

MamaTene

Will be sailing on Glory April 4 with my two grandsons 12 and 15. Bringing own small cans of pop and bottles of water as I understand from reading here that doing so is ok.

Should I expect any issues with room attendant emptying the fridge so I can store our personal drinks?

Will be sailing on Glory April 4 with my two grandsons 12 and 15. Bringing own small cans of pop and bottles of water as I understand from reading here that doing so is ok.

Should I expect any issues with room attendant emptying the fridge so I can store our personal drinks?

On our last 2 cruises we had the steward remove the contents of our fridge no problem :)

I did take a picture of the contents before they were removed just in case of any discrepancies

There are two very long threads recently on this .. if you want those who were able to and those who were not able to .. or it was removed to the desk etc...

Rather than repeat it all..(some were and some were not able)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1155121&highlight=fridge+contents

Steve also put up a poll on this that ran 3 pages for more real experiences.

Here is Steve's poll about refrig's being empty or not.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1156713&highlight=fridge+contents

and a post saying they were not able to ... as a example.

I have had a room steward refuse to remove the stuff from the fridge, so I packed it all in a small bag until the last day I put it back. He was fine with that. Most of the time though, they have removed it at my request.

This last cruise I did use a bottle of water. It cost me $4.54. At first I thought that was crazy, but then thought I pay $1 for a bottle about 1/4 that size at the convenience store back home, so what's the big deal??? A lot cheaper than getting sick drinking the water in Mexico.

I would like to say, as much as we love to think Carnival is just there to serve our every whim, and nothing more, it is a business, and it's main objective, as in any business, is to make money. Why begrudge their attempts to make that extra buck here and there, you can always say no, AND those little add ons keeps the overall price of the cruise down so all us cheapskates can still cruise.

absolutely no problem with any trip we have taken having the contents of the mini bar removed. This assures us not being charged for "missing" contents. Just ask room stewart the first time you see him.

Archived