time zone?

ready2gosailing

Hi everyone!

This is possibly a dumb question, but how much time difference is there in Puerto Rico from the central US? We're flying from KC to Puerto Rico for our cruise, and our flight is supposed to arrive at 3:30. I just want to be able to figure out plans for the day we arrive. I actually feel pretty dumb for asking the question, seems like something I should know.

Thanks in advance, feel free to laugh.

:o

PR is on Atlantic time, which is one hour later than Eastern time. However, during Daylight Savings time we have the same time as EDT (which is great because it means I don't have to stay up so late to watch TV LOL).

The time stated on your flight documentation is local time, so you'll get here at 3:30 regardless of the time difference between KC and PR :). Oh, and I didn't laugh :). Time changes are confusing!

However, during Daylight Savings time we have the same time as EDT.

Thank you! We were studying the flight itinerary tonight trying to figure out what the time difference was because we're adjusting today to the change to Daylight Savings Time. It wasn't making sense, since I was aware to the change in time zones, but the 3-1/2 hour flight from Charlotte was actually landing in SJU 3-1/2 hours after leaving Charlotte. So I was confused as to whether that meant it would really be 2:15 instead of 1:15.

Archived