Car Parking in Southampton

Mortie

Hi there

Anyone got any suggestions re Southampton parking for 7 nights in July. Looking for a safe car park. Best I've found is £55 with a 20 minute transfer - anyone else got any other suggestions?

Thanks

Gillian

Hi there

Anyone got any suggestions re Southampton parking for 7 nights in July. Looking for a safe car park. Best I've found is £55 with a 20 minute transfer - anyone else got any other suggestions?

Thanks

Gillian

The one you mention will be at Marchwood, on the opposite side of Southampton Water. Secure, probably the cheapest you'll find, but transfers can be a pain. For only 7 days you may find it worth paying the extra for secure parking at your cruise terminal. Two different companies, depending on which terminal, this link will take you to either:

http://visit-southampton.co.uk/site/cruise-passenger-and-crew-information/cruise-and-airport-parking

John Bull

Thanks Dave & Marg. I think we would prefer the port area to park from what you and John say. The car park with the transfer is £55 for the week (20 min transfer) and the port parking is £79. I guess you just walk across from the port car park then. Do you just carry your luggage on? Does anyone know of any websites that offer discounts or do I just need to bite the bullet and pay full price?

Cheers.

You park infront of the terminal (having booked your parking in advance.) and someone comes to meet you and whisks your luggage away. Then they whisk your car away and you go and check in. Easy peasy! It's all waiting for you when you return.

You park infront of the terminal (having booked your parking in advance.) and someone comes to meet you and whisks your luggage away. Then they whisk your car away and you go and check in. Easy peasy! It's all waiting for you when you return.

Routine varies, depending on which terminal (self-park/valet-park). But easy at all terminals. Cost difference between Port & Marchwood increases with longer cruises, but I reckon you'd find port parking worth the difference for your cruise

JB

I was referring to CPS parking as mentioned in the Cunard/PO brochures. In taking over 25 cruises it has always followed the routine as I have described - we park at the front of terminal (or occasionally "in the shed" ) and luggage and car are whisked away.... I didn't realise it could vary.

I was referring to CPS parking as mentioned in the Cunard/PO brochures. In taking over 25 cruises it has always followed the routine as I have described - we park at the front of terminal (or occasionally "in the shed" ) and luggage and car are whisked away.... I didn't realise it could vary.

Hi Dave,

Gimme a chance to make a coffee before you respond :D

I guess it depends on just how close the parking is.

At City cruise terminal, drop luggage & o/h at terminal & park directly opposite, or even park & haul luggage 100 yards or so.

Regards, JB

Archived