Rental car to Miami question

We are cruising from Miami in April and have decided to rent a car to get to the port since it is a one way cruise and we will not be returning to Miami. Alamo will shuttle us to the pier. My question is should we drop off our luggage at the pier before we turn in the car or bring it with us on the shuttle?

I think really depends how many people you have in your group and how many luggages you have to?

If you have only 2 people then you can do that either way. However, if you have a big group, with kids and a lot of luggages, of course is better to drop them off at the pier first and have just the driver go and to return the rental.

Hope that's help.

I must confess that I do not know the Miami port area...but here's what we did..and why..in Hawaii last year prior to our NCL cruise...

We were in Hawaii, pre-cruise for 4-days, and rented a car thru Alamo..imagine that... On the day of the cruise, I drove to the pier, and unloaded the luggage and Pebbles (ha ha), parked the car, and did the embarkation thingy. Checked the cabin out, left Pebbles to unpack and settle down...drove to a grocery store and bought some soda (caffeine-free) and large mugs, and then took the car to the rental return place, took the shuttle back to the pier, and walked right on thru security carrying the soda and mugs, as I already had my boarding card..

If you take the car to the rental-car return place, then you'll have to unload, load into the van, and unload again at the pier, tipping the whole time... if you drive to the pier, you'll only have to unload and tip once.

I see it more as a personal preference/convenience than anything else...

Archived