Leaving Balcony Door Open

tjeanty

I wonder if you pit the suction in the toilet against the wind tunnel effect of opening the hall door against each other, which would win????

... or would it make it hard to get off the toilet. it may cause a suction to form if the balcony door is open. And would my trip ins. cover the med. bills for a seat removal.;)

my ex (who owns extermination company) thanks you for your kindness;) any decent unit is on continuting schedule of fumigation to keep bugs @ bay. You haven't lived until u check into a 4 star hotel late @ night, flip the light & watch the wall move as bugs scurry for cover.

open balcony sliders is thought to be #1 cause of infiltration of what they call palmetto bugs (those up north know they are *****-a-roaches in disguise) into hotels in Florida.

funny thing is most hotels will publicly claim that guests bring in the critters in their luggage:rolleyes:

You're welcome. But I must admit to never having seen an infestation of bugs in a hotel or a stateroom. Guess I stay in bug-challenged locations.

I have not taken the time to read this whole thread so I don't know if this has been said, BUT, it is not safe to leave your balcony cabin door open. People can throw lit cigerettes which can end up in your cabin and start a fire :eek: Better safe then sorry.. JMPO

Well, you see one of the reasons I leave the balcony open is so I can smoke in bed and toss my butts over the balcony without having to get up. So much more convenient that way.

In all seriousness though, I'd be more concerned about a lightning bolt hitting me than a cigarette butt coming in my balcony door. I know it could happen though. Once it's been the suspected cause of a fire on a ship, although it started on the balcony, not the room. Or I could get run over in the parking lot at the cruise terminal. Maybe I should just stay home and guard against fallilng meteorites.:eek:

That happened to me on Victory as well. I take really hot showers. The room was extra steamy, so I opened the door for about 5 and the alarm went off. We were told you can't leave the door open. They also mentioned something about moisture sensors and the door being opened...

I'm sure they'd freeze me out without any consideration towards me.

I don't know if all ships are the same. On Destiny, we could turn the ceiling AC down to almost zero, which we did when we opened the balcony door. If your hallway door is shut, and the balcony door open and the AC turned off, I highly doubt there is any effect on neighboring cabins. You're deadheading it. Leaving the AC on and opening your door - that may be effecting others with less AC pressure.

Archived