Left items on board....oops...help

drsullivan

A credit card was returned to us about 2 weeks after we arrived home. We also one time left a picture in a drawer and that was never returned. So, I guess because it was a credit card they returned it.

I'm not sure if this was posted here, but here's what I did with my digital camera...I drafted a Word document on my computer that reads something like..."If this digital camera is found, please call ***-***-*** or email *****@***.com". I then took a picture of this document on my computer screen with my digital camera. It's always the 1st picture on the camera. Whenever I delete/move pictures from the camera, I always leave this one on there.

Hopefully someone will look at the pictures and see the "If found" message. Thankfully, I've never needed it.

Yes, I do that, too. AND, the photo card I lost on the Dream has that very thing as my "1st picture". Since it's been over 6 months, I'm not expecting to get it back. It was a smaller memory card, too, that came with my camera. When I changed it out I put the used card in the plastic container the new one came in. Then I took out the paper so I would know it wasn't the new one. Still......................gone

Not that I think its ok to keep the cash - I do think it would be harder to really know 'who' left it and if it made it back to the owner? If it was less than $100 - I'd probably wait till the end of the week - and if the steward didn't inquire about it (on behalf of the past week's guest) - I'd probably keep it. :o

I am not a fan of making judgmental statements about peoples' actions-I try to keep it just statement of fact unless you are talking heinous actions which hurt people. So I'll just say that personally, I don't see any difference between the two. The cash doesn't belong to me any more than the credit card does, so I'd turn in the money. Who knows, the pursar might keep it, or the rightful owner might not bother to report, but I would know that I at least tried to re-unite the person with his cash. Maybe they even have a system where if it's not claimed they send it to you later. I know, pretty far fetched, huh?:D

I don't understand how items left in rooms are never recoverd. I stayed at the Mirage hotel in Las Vegas and left about a half used bottle of shampoo, almost full body wash and a razor. Called the next day when I realized it was missing and they never found it.

My opinion is it has to be the stewards who keep it or it is just thrown out. Which is a shame.

When we were on the Pride a pair of young boy's pants was in my stateroom when we boarded. I gave it to the steward and I guess she took it to lost and found, but who knows.

My mom left ALL of her jewelry, basically everything of value she owns, in her cabin on our Fantasy Jan. 25th sailing. She didn't realize what she'd done until the next day (Sunday) after arriving back and put a call in first thing to Carnival Monday am. Long story short, she received the entire contents of her jewelry bag in the mail about a month later! Dad said it was the first time he'd seen her smile since the cruise. Have faith!

another great story which puts a smile on my face :)

I do not know about the pink croc thread. Someone post a link please! :)

Last year there was a loooooooooooooong thread which was started by someone who got off the ship and realized that her little girl's pink croc (just one of them) got left behind. She called lost and found and filed a claim with the cruise line and asked everyone on the board if they had seen it in subsequent cruises, but alas.............no pink croc was ever recovered.:(

Last year there was a loooooooooooooong thread which was started by someone who got off the ship and realized that her little girl's pink croc (just one of them) got left behind. She called lost and found and filed a claim with the cruise line and asked everyone on the board if they had seen it in subsequent cruises, but alas.............no pink croc was ever recovered.:(

Not to open a fcan of worms, but how much does a pair of little girls' pink crocs cost?!

• 1 month later...

DH and I cruised the Carnival Spirit to Alaska from 18-25 May. I didn't realize until I got home that I left my bite guard in the room somewhere. I didn't bother calling because I figure the room steward would think it was a worthless piece of junk instead of a $450 dental appliance. After reading a few stories of happy endings, I'll continue hoping for one. Our room steward was awesome, so maybe he'll have it returned to us.

Back in January, it was late on the last sea night..about 11:30 on the Lido deck. It was almost deserted. I had been walking around taking pics, my wife was sitting at a table waiting on me. When she saw me come around the corner, she motioned to me. I waved at her and she got up and walked to the bathroom. I was somewhat walking in the direction of where she was sitting. I stopped to take more pics walked around a little and she finally came out and said where's my purse? I didn't know, and didn't notice she didn't take it with her. We went over to the table where she was sitting and it was gone. She freaked, I got nervous..a guy sitting alone asked were we looking for a purse, we both said yes, he said he turned it in to a guy in a gold vest. We went back into the lido buffet area and of course...all the employees had on black and gold vest.

She asked the first one she saw and he almost yelled to another across the room did they find a purse, he said something back and low and behold another guy was taking it to the pursors desk, they made a call and in a few minutes, she had her purse.

Happy Ending!!:)

Side note

He "yelled" in Hungarian..wife is Hungarian, they started talking and

it ended up with her and 3 Hungarians talking non stop for about 30 minutes.

I only know about 10 words and they are all bad ones...so I kept on taking pics.:D

I'm not sure if this was posted here, but here's what I did with my digital camera...I drafted a Word document on my computer that reads something like..."If this digital camera is found, please call ***-***-*** or email *****@***.com". I then took a picture of this document on my computer screen with my digital camera. It's always the 1st picture on the camera. Whenever I delete/move pictures from the camera, I always leave this one on there.

Hopefully someone will look at the pictures and see the "If found" message. Thankfully, I've never needed it.

This is a great idea and I wish I knew it before our cruise on the Dream at the beginning of this month. I left my camera by the sushi bar on embarkation day and never got it back. I checked lost and found every day and filled out a form too. I was really hoping someone would return the camera to Guest Services. I think at the end of the day, even if there was a photo with my name, address, etc on the memory card, if someone wants to steal your stuff, they will.

I bought a replacement camera and am seriously thinking about having my name and phone number engraved/etched across the front of the camera...DH thinks I'm crazy!

We got home from our cruise earlier this month (on a Sunday) and realized we did not have my husband's CPAP machine!!! He needed this as he has sleep apnea. It was in a small black bag - looked like a big camera bag. We live about 25 minutes from the port of Tampa and our daughter picked us up. We knew we'd had the bag when we went through customs, so it wouldn't have been left on the ship. We don't know if someone slipped off with it while we were distracted or what, and were already thinking we were going to have to replace it.:eek:

The next morning, my husband called the Tampa Port Authority and lo and behold, a security guard had found it and we were able to go over and pick it up. It had no identification inside - not smart! Next time EVERY bag will have ID inside and out.

So we are thankful there are some honest people here!!!!!:)

We still don't know if it was left by mistake (hard to see how that could happen) or if someone took it, thinking it was something else and then abandoned it.

We left some very inexpensive Dora and Disney Princesses purses on a Disney ship (very important to 3 little girls) and it was returned to us. Granted we live 20 minutes from Port Canaveral. They have a gigantic warehouse for lost and found that we drove to and picked them up after calling a 1800 #.

Archived