Cruise Sale - Price Dropped

4bolts

I received an email from Holland about a cruise sale; I then forwarded it to my Holland VP to check if ours qualified. It did, and we have our first official price drop.

I then checked my voice mail and it seems he had already checked and made the necessary changes before I noticed and had already sent the verification to my yahoo email. Guess he was telling the truth when he said he checked all current bookings when sales are released. :D

I received an email from Holland about a cruise sale; I then forwarded it to my Holland VP to check if ours qualified. It did, and we have our first official price drop.

I then checked my voice mail and it seems he had already checked and made the necessary changes before I noticed and had already sent the verification to my yahoo email. Guess he was telling the truth when he said he checked all current bookings when sales are released. :D

You should send him a candygram or ask to speak to his supervisor and give him a big ATTABOY!

Our soon-to-be-former TA doesn't do near that good of a job.

Wow...that's a good TA you have. Wished mine did that. I've got to find the price drops myself.

I'm confused about changes when price drops. I booked with an online agency for an NN guarantee for $749. Just hours later HA came out with and EMail for the same sailing, same ship, NN guarantee for $699. I assumed since it was with an outside TA and a guarantee that I couldn't ask TA for a better guarantee. Now I'm confused. Would my situation possibly get a better guarantee if I asked? Thanks for your help. Just a newbie looking for info from well-traveled passengers. Thanks a lot.

I'm confused about changes when price drops. I booked with an online agency for an NN guarantee for $749. Just hours later HA came out with and EMail for the same sailing, same ship, NN guarantee for $699. I assumed since it was with an outside TA and a guarantee that I couldn't ask TA for a better guarantee. Now I'm confused. Would my situation possibly get a better guarantee if I asked? Thanks for your help. Just a newbie looking for info from well-traveled passengers. Thanks a lot.

I don't know how an online agency works but have you tried contacting them about the price drop?

My friend who went through a TA for a carnival cruise we went on last year had a heck-of-a-time getting any price drops I had. She would promise her a bottle of wine and tell her that the carnival PVP must be taking cuts from their commission. :rolleyes:. I'm sure that the bottle of wine didn't cost $200 and that's what I saved at one price drop.

I do write to supervisors for a job well done. This really helps them during evaluations and promotions.

that is also one of our services, we always check and re-check prices. In the last few weeks we have saved our customers many $$ - One couple has two booked with us and we saved them 300 on one and 380 on the other. (celebrity)

That is just part of good personal service! The Holland agent did the right thing!

Archived