Another Insurance question, sorry

cuyahoga11

Has anyone used Tru Travel Insurance? and what does this mean?

Pre-Existing Conditions WaiverNot Selected

Most insurances define a Pre-Existing Condition as a medical condition that surfaces (or re-surfaces) in a 60 to 180 day window (depending on the specific Policy) before you purchase the insurance; any medical claim that you make that's associated with this pre-existing condition will be denied as a pre-existing condition.

Many insurances, if you purchase the Policy w/in 14-21 days (depending on the specific Policy), will waive the Pre-Existing conditions, and you are covered for claims associated with pre-existing conditions.

ken

Most insurances define a Pre-Existing Condition as a medical condition that surfaces (or re-surfaces) in a 60 to 180 day window (depending on the specific Policy) before you purchase the insurance; any medical claim that you make that's associated with this pre-existing condition will be denied as a pre-existing condition.

Many insurances, if you purchase the Policy w/in 14-21 days (depending on the specific Policy), will waive the Pre-Existing conditions, and you are covered for claims associated with pre-existing conditions.

ken

Ken

My only condition is HBP which I have been taking meds for 30 years so I am not too worried about that but I need something that if the need arises that I have to cancel because of a medical condition with my mother (who is not cruising with me). Can you seggest a policy that will get me that kind of coverage?

Ken

My only condition is HBP which I have been taking meds for 30 years so I am not too worried about that but I need something that if the need arises that I have to cancel because of a medical condition with my mother (who is not cruising with me). Can you seggest a policy that will get me that kind of coverage?

(1) Have you booked your cruise yet?

(2) A number of the Policies have wording that suggests that you would be covered for Mom's Medical occurrence only if you HAVE to cancel cruise to stay home to care for her.

(3) I'll check this out later today. Also, cruiseco will probably have some suggestions.

ken

WRT your primary concern for your Mom's condition, I'd lean toward purchasing AIG Travelguard Protect Assist (well within 21 days of your Cruise Deposit, so as to ensure "Waiver of Pre-Existing conditions" for yourself and some expanded benefits, to include doubled Missed connection coverage) which has the clearest statement for cancellation coverage due to accident or illness of family member:

...If the Insured must cancel or interrupt his/her Trip due to Injury or Sickness of an Immediate Family Member or Business Partner, it must be because their condition is life-threatening, or because the Immediate Family Member requires the Insured’s or Traveling Companion’s care...

ken

Archived