Tips

tami99

Don't want to hijack the "cruise budget" thread. So I was reading on there about tips.

Someone mentioned $140 for tips and someone else said the tips of $280 can be adjusted up or down. I understand how you can tip more, BUT I thought your sign and sail account was automatically charged the $14 per day for tips (or you can pay the $280 in advance)?? How does one get away with paying less?

Don't want to hijack the "cruise budget" thread. So I was reading on there about tips.

Someone mentioned $140 for tips and someone else said the tips of $280 can be adjusted up or down. I understand how you can tip more, BUT I thought your sign and sail account was automatically charged the $14 per day for tips (or you can pay the $280 in advance)?? How does one get away with paying less?

Tips auto charged to your S & S account are based on $10.00 per passenger per day.

You are able to go the Pursors desk and have them removed...believe or not it happens quite alot...

I guess I could see that happening if the service was really stinky. I had no idea people would remove them though. Thanks!

I guess I could see that happening if the service was really stinky. I had no idea people would remove them though. Thanks!

No problem..its a shame they do, I have been in line at the pursors on the first day and people are having them removed..

Now some people do remove them so they can hand it out in person....or adjust them at a later date..but to them there own.:D

I got a little miffed on the Estascy about the tips. I had pre-paid the tips when I booked the cruise. When I got to the pier to set up my S & S account, I gave them cash. I even told the lady that I had already paid my tips. No problem she assures me...Well guess what? BIG problem. They took the tips out again! I had pre paid $50 plus they hit my S&S acccount for $50. I went to the pursers desk and was told they would fix it...they did, when we docked back in Galveston.

Does this typically happen? If so then I wiill just not pre-pay my tips and just do it on board.

Archived