Bermuda

lummy1

Do you have to have a passport to cruise to Bermuda:confused:

My MIL was born and raised in Bermuda.

She is getting on in age and would like to make one last visit there to see family and friends.

She does not have a passport (or birth certificate).

I have been in contact with Bermuda and I can get a certified copy of her BC FedExed to me. I do not want her to have to spend the extra money for a passport that will only be used once.

We would probable cruise from Boston in the summer.

Do you have to have a passport to cruise to Bermuda:confused:

My MIL was born and raised in Bermuda.

She is getting on in age and would like to make one last visit there to see family and friends.

She does not have a passport (or birth certificate).

I have been in contact with Bermuda and I can get a certified copy of her BC FedExed to me. I do not want her to have to spend the extra money for a passport that will only be used once.

We would probable cruise from Boston in the summer.

Get that birth certificate and enjoy the cruise with your MIL. :)

You do not need a Passport to do a "closed loop" cruise to Bermuda. Closed loop means a cruise that begins and ends in the same port. A birth certificate and photo ID will suffice.

Happy Cruising!

I loved my cruise on Explorer to Bermuda. It is a great island, as other have said, so unlike the Caribbean. Check out the "Trip Planner" tab under Travel and Activities at www.wunderground.com for weather averages. Here's what it says about Bermuda for April 15 - 29th:

Historical Summary for April 15 - April 29

Temperature:

The Average High Temperature is 71 F with a historical range of 64 F to 80 F The Average Low Temperature is 63 F with a historical range of 55 F to 69 F There is a 0% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90°F / 32°C).

(0 days out of 180 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 0

There is a 0% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32°F / 0°C).

Cloud Cover:

Average Cloud Cover is partly cloudy

There is a 37% chance of a Cloudy Day.

(66 days out of 180 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 7

Wind:

The Average Wind is 13 mph with a historical range of 0 mph to 35 mph There is a 59% chance of a Windy Day (average wind over 10 mph / 15km/h).

(106 days out of 180 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 8

Humidity:

The Average High Dew Point is 62 F with a historical range of 48 F to 73 F The Average Low Dew Point is 54 F with a historical range of 36 F to 70 F There is a 66% chance of a Humid Day (dew point over 65°F / 18°C).

(118 days out of 180 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 12

There is a 1% chance of a Sweltering Day (dew point over 70°F / 21°C).

(2 days out of 180 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 1

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/TXKF/1995/4/15/PlannerHistory.html?dayend=30&monthend=4&yearend=1995&req_city=Bermuda+International&req_state=&req_statename=Bermuda

Our very first cruise was aboard the Pride to Bermuda. We have taken six other cruises since (all eastern) and it is by far my favorite island. There is a ZERO tolerance for crime so you can feel pretty safe there. We had an overnight stay there so it was pretty neat to wake up in the same spot the next day. We also did a 9 day NCL and a Princess that took us there as well and I loved it all the same the second and third time. We took the ferry to Hamilton and walked around, we did a tour of a good portion of the island that took us to the cave which is awesome, the gibbs lighthouse, etc and I've done a glass bottom boat, snorkeling tour as well. You are not pestered by the cabbies as much as you are on other islands. The bus drivers are pleasant and helpful as are the folks that live on the island. I'm not a beach person but I'd say Horseshoe bay beach stacks up as one of the nicest and, yes, the beaches look pink.

I wish the Miracle would do some fall sailings there. It's great that they added this itinerary to New York.

As other posters have said GO FOR IT

We did a cruise to Bermuda on Costa. We choice it because we live in Florida and it was the only itinerary we found leaving from our state, and they had limited dates at that. That was several years ago but you might check it out. As others have said Bermuda is beautiful and the people are go-out-of-their-way friendly. I loved St. George and Horseshoe Bay. I really enjoyed Costa too. Meals and entertainment were Italian-themed. We even had a toga night where they brought sheets to our rooms and everyone wrapped themselves as creatively as possible for dinner. (I believe Costa is owned by Carnival).

Hey everyone. I have been living in Bermuda since July 2008, so if there is anything that you would specifically like to know about the island, please just ask. The previous posts have been pretty much spot on with regards the weather. The winter months up until around May can be a little chilly, and unpredictable, but you can have days where it is warm enough to lay out in the sun.

Ships do still visit Hamilton, but these tend to be smaller vessels - the last one to visit towards the end of last year was one of the Regent Seven Seas ships.

However, no ships are scheduled for St Georges (where I live) this year, but please don't let that stop people visiting as it is a wonderful little town - so much history, and lots to see and do.

As this is a Carnival thread, we do only see one Carnival ship per year typically, though the Dream did stop here last year at Dockyard as part of her trans-Atlantic journey.

So, please feel to ask and I will answer if I can.

Thanks

According to Holland Americas website the Veendam will be visiting all summer long with stops in Hamilton and St Georges.

Bill

According to Holland Americas website the Veendam will be visiting all summer long with stops in Hamilton and St Georges.

Bill

I read that too, although Veendam will be anchoring in the harbor and passengers will be tendering into St Georges. Most ships are now too big to get into port there.

We honeymooned in Bermuda 31 years ago and got upgraded from the Sonesta to the Southhampton Princess. No better place to start a marriage. We were thinking of doing the Veendam cruise to Bermuda this fall, but wondered if one can enjoy Bermuda more by staying on the island or cruising there?

Get that birth certificate and enjoy the cruise with your MIL. :)

You do not need a Passport to do a "closed loop" cruise to Bermuda. Closed loop means a cruise that begins and ends in the same port. A birth certificate and photo ID will suffice.

Happy Cruising!

I loved my cruise on Explorer to Bermuda. It is a great island, as other have said, so unlike the Caribbean. Check out the "Trip Planner" tab under Travel and Activities at www.wunderground.com for weather averages. Here's what it says about Bermuda for April 15 - 29th:

Historical Summary for April 15 - April 29

Temperature:

The Average High Temperature is 71 F with a historical range of 64 F to 80 F The Average Low Temperature is 63 F with a historical range of 55 F to 69 F There is a 0% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90°F / 32°C).

There is a 0% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32°F / 0°C).

Cloud Cover:

Average Cloud Cover is partly cloudy

There is a 37% chance of a Cloudy Day.

(66 days out of 180 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 7

Wind:

The Average Wind is 13 mph with a historical range of 0 mph to 35 mph There is a 59% chance of a Windy Day (average wind over 10 mph / 15km/h).

(106 days out of 180 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 8

Humidity:

The Average High Dew Point is 62 F with a historical range of 48 F to 73 F The Average Low Dew Point is 54 F with a historical range of 36 F to 70 F There is a 66% chance of a Humid Day (dew point over 65°F / 18°C).

(118 days out of 180 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 12

There is a 1% chance of a Sweltering Day (dew point over 70°F / 21°C).

(2 days out of 180 in historical record)

Most consecutive days found in historic record: 1

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/TXKF/1995/4/15/PlannerHistory.html?dayend=30&monthend=4&yearend=1995&req_city=Bermuda+International&req_state=&req_statename=Bermuda

Thanks for the information fellow Rhode Islander :D

We've cruised to bermuda 3 x with NCL. Bermuda is our favorite destination .

NCL leaves from NYC and gives you 3 days in Bermuda while Holland America also leaves from NYC and gives you 5 nice days in 2 ports of Bermuda.

From Bayonne NJ leaves Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.

Celebrity being a 7 day and RCCL a 5 day.

We honeymooned in Bermuda 31 years ago and got upgraded from the Sonesta to the Southhampton Princess. No better place to start a marriage. We were thinking of doing the Veendam cruise to Bermuda this fall, but wondered if one can enjoy Bermuda more by staying on the island or cruising there?

Congrats on 31 years but sadly a few years ago the Sonesta met a nasty demise. So if you are going just don't expect to visit the hotel you once honeymooned in.

Congrats on 31 years but sadly a few years ago the Sonesta met a nasty demise. So if you are going just don't expect to visit the hotel you once honeymooned in.

That's okay. We were supposed to be in the Sonesta, but ended up in the Southhampton Princess. Long story there as we were moved over because Sonesta had overbooked and were supposed to get equivalent accommodations, but since the Princess is a little more upscale, equivalent put us on a lower floor. We made a big deal of it and it was resolved to our satisfaction after the first night.

What happened to the Sonesta?

Went to Bermuda last September out of Jersey on RCL Explorer. Absolutely loved it. Rained pretty much the whole cruise and it was chilly, but still had a great time.

We hopped on a bus to Horshoe Bay and the driver agreed to take us further down to, I believe it was called Elbow Beach. Anyway, my friend and I walked up the coast (down:confused:) to Horshoe Bay. It was about 1-2 miles. We stopped at each of the private coves along the way. It was the most beautiful scenery. My DH and I are thinking about going next year.

I would definately recommend going!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived