Balcony on 8 or 11?

I have flipped back and forth between having a balcony on 8 (across from dazzles) or on 11 (around the same spot on ship but across from stairs). I can't decide. I dont mind paying the extra money to be up on 11 if its worth it for the view (i've never had a balcony before so I don't know how it differs). However, the reason we choose floor 8 was because we thought it might be neat being so close to 'central park'. I didn't realize at the time what Dazzles was, so now i'm worried about noise.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any suggestions. This trip is for our honeymoon, so I'm just trying to make everything as perfect as possible :)

I have a balcony about 6 doors away from the elevators on deck 11. I wouldn't go near Dazzles. It has to be very noisey at times and I like a nice, quiet balcony, where the only noise I hear is a natural one (wind, water) But then, I'm pretty old! lol

After reading many a post from previous Oasis cruisers, I booked a balcony on eight so I could use Central Park to travel the length of the ship. I learned on past RCI cruises how much I prefer the wide open venues, like Royal Promenade, to travel the length of the ship.

I also wanted to be in stumbling distance to Park cafe for that first cup of coffee.

I also was on Deck 8 which was Central Park level. It was great to wake up and be very close to getting my morning coffee or something to eat for breakfast, lunch or a snack. If I was on another Oaisis cruise I would choose the same location.

Like Janespup, we have a balcony about 4 doors away from the elevators on deck 11 for our 4/17 Oasis cruise. I too would not go near Dazzles. We have booked near the elevators several times on Voyager and Freedom class ships and have had no noise issues at all ( except for those folks who slam their doors at all time of the night...:(). Don't get me started on the cabin we had under the Windjammer once... You are also close to the elevators so that you don't have to walk down the looong hallways.

-------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Booked & Paid Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

We were on the Oasis on the 2/6-2/13 cruise. We were in cabin 11278. It was a great location! We had friends on Deck 8 and they also enjoyed their location. I really don't think you would have any noise from Dazzles.

The best advice I can give you is to check to see what's above and below your potential cabin. A dining spot above your cabin is awful and just as bad is a night club below. From now on we only choose staterooms that have staterooms above and below

Good luck, congratulations and have FUN!

~ Liz

I have flipped back and forth between having a balcony on 8 (across from dazzles) or on 11 (around the same spot on ship but across from stairs). I can't decide. I dont mind paying the extra money to be up on 11 if its worth it for the view (i've never had a balcony before so I don't know how it differs). However, the reason we choose floor 8 was because we thought it might be neat being so close to 'central park'. I didn't realize at the time what Dazzles was, so now i'm worried about noise.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any suggestions. This trip is for our honeymoon, so I'm just trying to make everything as perfect as possible :)

We were on deck 8 in Jan it was great.We loved it so much we got the same room on the Allure next year.Park Place quickly became everyones fav hang out for breakfast and lunch.When I get up in the morning I need coffee fast,The thought of having to take an elevator to get that is unbearable for me.We wernt near Dazzles but I have to say I dont recall any complaint on the board about noise in the rooms.Perhaps a room on 8 away from that area would be a better choice if you have a concern.

thanks everyone for all the replys!! I did want to stick with floor 8 but there weren't any other rooms available so that I could get away from Dazzles. But, today is my lucky day, one just opened up so now I'm a good distance away :D

Thanks again for all your advice!

Archived