Roll Call: Bejing, Korea, Japan on Pride 6/13/10

marchanxiety

Sorry but we will be on the cruise following from Japan back to China. We are arriving in Japan on the 18th for a few days in Kyoto and Kobe before boarding on the 23rd. Also looking forward to returning to the smaller ships after our 24 days on the Odyssey. Hoping you will have a great trip and some good excursions.

• 1 month later...

We'll be on board...starting in Hong Kong on 6/3 and continuing on the second leg to Kobe. It's our first time in Asia so we don't know much about the area.

We will be onboard - so excited, can't wait :D Booked late so we miss out on the pre-cruise but arrive in Beijing at 7 .30 on embarkation day - I will be the sleep walking one!! see you soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are on this cruise--I started this thread! I'd love to talk to you. We will be a group of three--one fiftysomething male plus two fiftysomething females (sisters, one of whom is married to the male). We (DH and I have been to Sydney three times). We will be on deck for sail away. One six-foot male, one average-sized dark blonde female, and one petite brunette (me). See you then, or happy to talk with you sooner.

Evidently North Korea sank a South Korean ship, both sides have imposed sanctions, and there is considerably more saber-rattling than usual. I wonder if there will be any adjustments in our itinerary due to the tension. (For the record, I am Marchanxiety's 50-something, average-sized sister.) I've never been to East Asia and am looking forward to it.

Hey, our router crashed this morning, so you can't get us on line. Then my computer seemed to die. I'm writing this from the Apple Store, where I can get online. They said my computer got a little hot--could be a one-time event. If not, must get it fixed before September, when they run out of parts for this ancient machine!

Hi Janikwa - you sound like just as much fun as your sis :)

I did something quicky as I ran in from the kitchen but only got the tail end of something about a Korean ship. Thanks for enlightening me. I don't think i would be alarmed. It's a big ocean out there - even if it is called a sea.

I have been to China 3 times - it is close for us - but not Korea or Japan, so it should be interesting !! I am just looking forwad to escaping the routine and experiencing Seabourns service that many have spoken about on CC

Archived