What are the absolute essentials to pack?

alm64

over the door thingie, especially on older ships with no counter in BR

contact lens case and solution as well as extra contacts

hair conditioner

lysol wipes--wipe everything down when you get to your room

meds

hair dryer

stockings to go with your formal outfit--don't forget shoes

sun screen

good book

insurance papers--DOCS!

Meds- yes

sun screen-yes

books or kindle-yes

passport and documents-yes

everything else- nope although I don't wear contacts yes if you do

I don't wipe everything since I have no intentions of wiping the entire ship- some germs are good for developing your immune system

there is a hair dryer

Meds, bathing suit, sun screen, basic makeup, couple change of clothes, something to sleep in- I find that the more you take the more you need to take. Absolutes are the things like your meds and documents and credit card that you could not easily replace if you needed to. Everything else is a maybe.

Passport, booking number/funpass, credit card (s),camera, cash including $1 and $ 5 bills, sunblock, something "cruise elegant", hair conditioner, Q-tips, power strip, bungy cord, pool garb, broad rimed hat, sandals, Then do your best not to overpack, cause you will have to lug those bag(s) at least part of the way... and even if your spouse will help you and says they do not mind, he/she does if you overpack.

Do your best to bring mix and matchables, that way you get more than one use out of items.

Tom in Long Beach

That varies from person to person greatly!

Passport and cash (credit cards) are essential and after that it's up to you. Look through all the suggestions and decide which will be useful for your cruise.

And if you don't have something... improvise! It's amazing how creative you can get.

Okay... I started packing last night for our cruise Sunday. After I packed all the "stuff" people recommend, I had half filled a large suitcase. I haven't even packed clothes, yet.

So, what are the absolute essentials that MUST be packed and what "recommended" things could we get leave home?

sunblock and sunglasses-nothing else needed-except of course a bathing suit.:) Have fun

You will not need the steamer, take it out, use instead wrinkle release spray...It works great, or you can send your clothes out to get steamed...A MUST is a lot of sun screen---we ran out and on the ship and in port it is VERY expensive...bring a cord to plug in the power strip, I did not and it was hard to replug and plug....

Handcuffs

Gag-ball

Azzless chaps

Small whip

Swing (little known secret = there are brackets in the ceiling to connect your swing too)

Car Battery

Jumper Cables

Duct Tape

Clothes Pins

and...uh

Oh yeah...

first aid kit...

Everything mentioned so far plus

Lots of booze

Wine

Condoms

Plan B

Camera / spare batteries / battery charger / extra memory card/film

Sun tan lotion

Lint roller

For the "mature" traveler...

You can get rid of the Plan B and condoms and add...

Medicines

extra tips for the cane

and the number for the funeral director just in case

Post the ship you are going on and people who have sailed her before will tell you if there are hair dryers in the rooms (all the new ones-yes). Don't take a steamer. Use wrinkle release or go to the laundry room and iron them.

Steward will not bring an iron to your room. They are a fire hazard for several reasons, and the ones in the laundry room don't unplug.

I am one of the "I paid a fortune for what I didn't bring" people: aloe vera, Extra strength pain reliever for headache, sunscreen, visine, pepto, etc.

I guess I am the only person on this entire board who thinks of the unthinkable. My windup flashlight is always with us on cruises. If there is a power failure or other major problem (use your imagination) This will be essential to get out of the cabin. We carry a travel alarm, not for the alarm as I am always up before first light on a ship--I don't want to miss anything--but simply to tell time more conveniently when in the cabin.

Doc

[quote name='pjpu']I think you can ask your room steward for an iron if you need it?
Also try rolling your clothes instead of folding and you'll have less wrinkles in them.[/quote]
i always roll my clothes..def less wrinkles & :D you can get more clothes in suitcases that way

I glue split shot sinkers to little plastic clothes pins. Hang them on the bottom of the shower curtain.It keeps that butt grabbing sheet where it belongs!;)
If you bring a clock, make sure it's battery powered.
Bring post-it notes and a marker for leaving messages for your best friend, the steward.

[quote name='hvyhttr21']Handcuffs
Gag-ball
Azzless chaps
Small whip
Swing (little known secret = there are brackets in the ceiling to connect your swing too)
Car Battery
Jumper Cables
Duct Tape
Clothes Pins
and...uh

Oh yeah...

first aid kit...[/quote]

I hope Hayley is ready to go on vacation with you! I would be a little nervous if I was her.

Oh my goodness.. i about shot my pepsi onto my screen of the butt sheet comment.. how true is that.. i havent noticed it to be so bad on the recent cruises the curtains seem longer and hang better.. however.. when we had our camper that little shower ... wow that curtain was not just a butt sheet but a whole body sheet ;) very annoying

Archived