Waterslide at Great Stirrup Cay

pampaul

Heading to GSC in July. Cannot wait. We've been on three cruises (one with NCL) and GSC was our favorite private island so far. I was just looking on the NCL website for some excursions while there and noticed they now have a waterslide for $15/all day. We have two boys (13 & 14) and also a nephew (14) who will be going and just wondering if this is something suitable for them or is this geared more towards the younger kids?

Do the parents have to be with the kids while they are going down? Or can we sit by the beach while they do their thing?

Heading to GSC in July. Cannot wait. We've been on three cruises (one with NCL) and GSC was our favorite private island so far. I was just looking on the NCL website for some excursions while there and noticed they now have a waterslide for $15/all day. We have two boys (13 & 14) and also a nephew (14) who will be going and just wondering if this is something suitable for them or is this geared more towards the younger kids?

Do the parents have to be with the kids while they are going down? Or can we sit by the beach while they do their thing?

I would think that age would like it from what we saw. The slide is actually quite large and has a height requirement of (I think) 47". It was very popular when we were there! Not sure if parents have to be there, I'm sure somebody else will know.

How much do they charge for the "clamshell" cabanas? Please don't tell me they are first come first serve.

PE

Hi,

If you are talking about the blue cover ( maybe looking like a clamshell ) that covers 2 chairs wide, they are 50$ for the day and they are first come first serve ( they will run out by the third tender if there is a sunny sky.

If you are with young kids or with sensitive skin people, get it, it is worth it. Wife and I were there late feb and the sun was very hard. Still showing sunburn on my feet a month later :(

Hi,

If I remenber correctly it is now 20$ for the slides. Many many steps to get up there. Teenage will love it.

My 11 y.o. liked the Hippo Slide. It cost $20 if you paid on GSC. It's $5/slide so I told my daughter she had to go more than four times and she said she went 28 times. A parent has to sign a waiver for them to use it but then you can go grab a hammock.

Those are wonderful pictures of the island.... Thanks for sharing. We're going in September and I hoping bad weather doesn't get into the way that time of year :(

Years ago I was on the Dolphin (10-1987). One the best parts of the cruise was their private island. Then on the Big Red Boat (6-1997), I could swear it was the same Island ??:rolleyes:

This will be our 2nd cruise with NCL since 2008 and I'm so excited !!! I really missed not cruising all those years :)

Hi,

If you are talking about the blue cover ( maybe looking like a clamshell ) that covers 2 chairs wide, they are 50$ for the day and they are first come first serve ( they will run out by the third tender if there is a sunny sky.

If you are with young kids or with sensitive skin people, get it, it is worth it. Wife and I were there late feb and the sun was very hard. Still showing sunburn on my feet a month later :(

Thanks for the info. That is a new addition since we were there and much appreciated.

Hi,

$50, Yikes. :eek:

PE

Archived