Great cruise on the Navigator!

I've just returned from an outstanding cruise on the Naviagator of the Seas! I thought I would give my impressions of the ship and crew before I actually sit down to do my lengthy review. I will not be mentioning the unfortunate accident that occurred during the cruise. I believe the other posts have already said everything needed there....

Loading at Miami was a breeze! We arrived at 11:30 and were on by 11:50. RCI did a great job here.

The ship itself does show a bit of wear, but nothing that really detracts from its overall beauty. Our room was very nice and of a good size for a balcony cabin. Public areas such as the promenade and dining rooms were very well maintained with no noticible wear at all.

The food onboard was overall outstanding! The Windjammer was probably the least appealing, but there was always something I could find with a great variety. Johnny Rockets was very tasty and a fun time too! The Main dining room was very elegant and the food was ALWAYS outstanding! The final night I had a piece of prime rib that may have been the best I've ever eaten! Chops was beyond compare! Outstanding meal from beginning to end. The quality of the food and service was simply incredible.

The crew on the Navigator was superb. We especially enjoyed the Chops and Main Dining room service. At Chops the waiters sang to us as they served. They really seemed to enjoy their work and were VERY friendly and personable. Our tip definitely reflected that extra attention! In the Main Dining room, Milan and Ahmet were terrific! We really enjoyed their service with a smile approach. We never saw too much of our stateroom attendant George, but the room was always cleaned well, we received ice twice a day, and we received extra pillows very quickly after our request.

Simeon Baker is the cruise director and he did a fabulous job! He seemed to get into performing for the crowd more so than other CD's we've had. That in itself made him great fun. Bravo Simeon!

This was our first cruise on a Voyager class ship. The cruise was outstanding and we would not hesitate to sail again priovided the price was right. The outstanding service pushed it over the top for me. As far as the ship class itself, I think I actually prefered the Freedom class. That's just a personal preference though.

In closing, I HIGHLY recommend the Navigator. The ship and service are as good as I have seen in my 5 RCI cruises. I'll be posting a full review in the near future to the review section.

Simeon Baker is by far one of the best and most involved ship directors I've ever seen! I loved Navigator of the seas, and I think he really helped make the experience that much better! :)

Glad to hear you had such a good time!

We were on this cruise as well and I have to agree with everything the OP said. Apart from the very sad accident on board, the rest of our cruise was just outstanding. We had MTD and loved our waiter the first night that we booked every single night thereafter with him.

Every single crew on the ship seemed happy and eager to be there. Our stateroom attendant did a great job. The food at MDR exceeded our expectations! My kids (11 and 13) enjoyed the activities so much that they were soooo sad to leave.

Glad to hear you all enjoy the Navigator. We have been on Navigator for 17 nights. Just love the ship! I also agree Simeon Baker is a great CD. How did you like the ice show? I think the ice shows on RC are about the best shows at sea (other than maybe some of the new entertainment on the Oasis, but I haven't had the pleasure of cruising her yet!)

Glad to hear you all enjoy the Navigator. We have been on Navigator for 17 nights. Just love the ship! I also agree Simeon Baker is a great CD. How did you like the ice show? I think the ice shows on RC are about the best shows at sea (other than maybe some of the new entertainment on the Oasis, but I haven't had the pleasure of cruising her yet!)

Loved the ice show. I'm always impressed by the skill it takes to perform on a ship in motion. Very entertaining. Unfortunately I didn't really care too much for the two stage shows done by the RCI singers and dancers. I thought the singers and dancers did a good job, but I didn't care for the choice of the shows themselves (Ballroom Fever and another musical show I don't recall the name of). Just my personal preference though. Others may have truely enjoyed them.

Thanks so much for the post. We will be sailing with her in April and we hear that Simeone will be the CD.

Most of the threads I have read on the Navigator have been very positive. Sounds like one of the best ships in the fleet.

BG, even including what went down on our cruise I agree with you completely. Only got to see Simeon occasionally (we don't really get to go to shows because DD is so young--did see him at the Platinum, Diamond, Diamond Plus reception), but he really was great. Even the college kiddos loved him! I need to write up my review!

Do U have the names of the rest of Simeon's staff?

I don't recall many, but there were two that we got to know a bit. Vicky and Rich. Vicky worked with my wife in one of the jewelry beading workshops and Rich (pretty sure that's his name) was Simeon's counterpart doing bingo and working with Simeon on the daily rundown on the TV. They make a great team!

Archived