26Glaciers Vs Kenai Fjords

slumdogtexan

If you have to do only one, 26 Glaciers ( 4.5 tour out of Whittier) or Kenai Fjords tour from Seward which one would you pick ?

Looks the 26 Glaciers includes Esther Passage ( from their website) which I have read from CC experts is a must see. I saw similar comments about the 6 hour Kenai Fjord tour in Seward.

Help Please.

My opinion only - if you had to do only one, I'd go with Prince William Sound. Whittier is closer to Anchorage than Seward and the waters of Prince William Sound tend to be calmer. You won't see as much wildlife but you will see more glaciers.

I've never done either but based on reviews, I would do Kenai Fjords from Seward. I'm more into wildlife and you'll see more wildlife on Kenai Fjords and glaciers on PWS.

That being said, I'm going on PWS because my cruise it out of Whittier and I don't have time to stop in Seward to do Kenai Fjords. =( If I had more time, I'd rather do Kenai Fjords hands down.

Don't get discouraged about the wildlife on Prince William Sound trips. Over the years I've seen whales, orcas, bears, bald eagles, kittiwakes, and lots and lots of sea otters on these trips into the sound. You'll certainly see more glacier ice; the Surprise Glacier in Barry Arm is usually quite active.

Archived