Anyone able to share!!!!!!

maryhill1

:) Does anyone have any photographs they can share of Caribe deck on the Sea Princess.? ;) we have cabin C322 and just wondering if anyone has any photos of the cabins on that deck or indeed any of the restaurants/bars ect on the SP?

Thanks Elaine

One thing about the Sun Class ships. If you can find any pictures of the regular balcony cabins, that is exactly what yours will be like. They are all the same, including the 'cut from the hull' balcony size on all decks. It doesn't have to be the actual cabin you booked, any in that category type will work and be the same. Good Luck!

Thanks Toto..

We've never been on Princess before and there doesn't seem to be a lot on CC about the SP.

I'll have another look and check out other Sun Class ships-- (if I can figure which ones these are!!!!!)

Thanks for you help-- Elaine

Thanks Toto..

We've never been on Princess before and there doesn't seem to be a lot on CC about the SP.

I'll have another look and check out other Sun Class ships-- (if I can figure which ones these are!!!!!)

Thanks for you help-- Elaine

There are three Sun Class ships, the Sun Princess, Dawn Princess and Sea Princess. That might assist in your search. They are all very similar and the layout and cabins would be pretty much identical. :)

In 1998 we did an Alaskan cruise on Dawn Princess. We were excited to have a balcony. Robes awaited us all thick & felt great in the cold morning after a shower & having breakfast on the balcony. Problem was when we sat down to eat we could only see the sky. The balcony, our first ever on a cruise was a white steel room with a big window from my boobs to over my head with no glass. I put my wet hair into the wind as we came up on the first glacier to see. My long hair froze but bring it back into the space of our balcony & it warmed up & I combed it out.

Then a few months later we did Grand's premier cruise & our caribe balcony was HUGE and see thru glasslike wall floor to above my waist. You sat & saw the sea, the land we approached, dolphins, whales, other ships. Enjoy danish & coffee and what a great balcony we now had. Captain Warner tells us that Dawn was grandmother to Grand & her new ideas. Then he laughed when I pointed out the shopping cart handle she has, the disco on the rear.

All ships after her have even better offerings to everyone. I hear that Dawn & her sisters could be headed to P & O as Royal is next year.

One thing about the Sun Class ships. If you can find any pictures of the regular balcony cabins, that is exactly what yours will be like. They are all the same, including the 'cut from the hull' balcony size on all decks. It doesn't have to be the actual cabin you booked, any in that category type will work and be the same. Good Luck!

We have sailed on the Dawn, Sun and Sea numerous times each, and we love the Sun Class ships. Yes, they have a smaller balcony, but other than that, they are great ships with lots to offer. When the Sun Princess went down to Australia, it about broke my heart, as of the three, for some reason it was our all time favorite.

The Sun Class ship, like the smaller ships (Ocean, Pacific and Royal) are not for everyone, and there will always be someone that doesn't like them. But for us, they were fantastic, and we still miss them to this day.

Hi. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I was sitting here reading about your trip and thinking it sounded lovely -- then got to the "hair & the iceberg bit"-- LOL.

Thanks you made my day.

Elaine

Go to the Princess website. What type of cabin do you have, a balcony? They're pretty much all the same, unless you got an extended balcony (it doesn't appear that you did) or a mini-suite.

Is this your first cruise? You will LOVE it!

irene :)

hi Irene.

Thanks for that!

We have a balcony on Caribe ( C322). Its not our first cruise- our first cruise was Jan this year - a med cruise with on the NCL jade and we loved it- so much so - we were only back a week when i found myself being mysteriously drawn to to take a walk by our TA- who saw me from his desk- came out to ask how the 1st cruise went and as you can see the rest is history!!!!!

But from what i can see this SP is a smaller ship than the Jade but I'm sure we'll love it just as much.

We are sailing from Barbados 24 jan 2011 which seems so long (although got a 10 day trip to seville in a few weeks for my birthday) and a 12 day trip to Hong Kong in Nov-- so these will help the time to pass until its time to sail again.

Any info you give me about SP ( or the Caribbean- if you've been there! Would be much appreciated .

Thanks Elaine

As has been said, the Sun, Dawn and Sea Princess are older ships and the balconies/cabins are "cut out of the hull" the way ships used to be built rather than having cabins placed in slots in the superstructure. Because they are covered and there are metal walls between balconies rather than dividers, they are, in fact, much more private than balconies on the Grand-class ships. I kind of like them. :)

FYI, the Princess abbreviation for the Sea Princess is "CP" as "SP" is used for the Sun Princess (SP). The Sapphire is SA and the Star is TP. You'll find these abbreviations on the Princess website in the url for each ship. :)

Archived