x-stream cave-tubing question

rjmontana

Am considering booking with X-Stream for a cave tubing tour and am curious how long (time or distance or both will work) and how difficult the trail is to get to the start of the tubing tour??

We are of average condition and moderate walks/hikes are fine. The X-Stream home page makes it sound like there is almost an hour of walking to get to the starting point of the tubing??? Is this correct or am I misreading their sales pitch??

Thanks, RJ

30 mins tops from the parking area to the portion of the river where you will get in the water. it is about an hours drive from the cruise port to the destination. They pick you up in port. The fact that it was an hours drive to the location almost made us pass on this tour....so glad we decided to go! It was amazing.

The hike is VERY easy on flat ground. Only thing that is even somewhat difficult (but not at all difficult) is one river crossing where you need to walk in waist high water to cross a river. There is a rope for you to hold. Its really not a big deal but thought I would mention it.

The one hr bus ride to the caves is very interesting, and it adds to the experience. You will see the real Belize, and ever changing scenery. You driver will tell you about his country and what you are seeing. We enjoyed the ride and felt it added to our experiences of the day.

The day we crossed that river, it was less than knee deep (I'm only 5 ft, so I have short knees!) and there was no rope. Guess it depends on the river height at the time.

We also used X-Stream, and they were great.

Archived