Phone call from the Jewel

sunnydaze

I got a call this morning from my daughter, :) who is on the Pacific Jewel now.

She said it has been a really rough ride, with many people sea sick.

At the time of her call, they were between two massive Cylones. They have locked everything up outside, drained the water out of the pools, etc. and cancelled the circus and all outside entertainment.

She couldn't say enough good things about the Captain, "Lorenzo Paoletti." She said he is the "absolute best Captain in the World!" and that she has full confidence in him, and nobody is scared or worried. He has been creatively re-routing the Jewel back to Sydney, and is monitoring the situation very carefully.

They currently are planning on docking at " Circular Quay".

At the time of her call, they were between two massive Cylones. They have locked everything up outside, drained the water out of the pools, etc. and cancelled the circus and all outside entertainment.

She couldn't say enough good things about the Captain, "Lorenzo Paoletti." She said he is the "absolute best Captain in the World!" and that she has full confidence in him, and nobody is scared or worried. He has been creatively re-routing the Jewel back to Sydney, and is monitoring the situation very carefully.

Where is it travelling from? Donna

That's great news, Sunnydaze. I told you she'd be fine! :)

The Jewel's web cam is still stuck on Pentecost Is. That must have been for 24 hrs now.

The Pac Dawn has just left Vila - still calm where they are, but not for long, I bet.

The Jewel left Pentecost Isl. at about 4PM Tue Mar 16th.

They had 4 days at sea to get to Sydney. Glad I'm not sailing. Cyclones are new to me -

I think they have left the Cam there, so we all don't see

the wild waves. HA!

Thanks, Sandy! ((( BIG HUGS )))

Hi Sunnydaze

Ashely is right. Lorenzo is awesome and will do his utmost to keep his passengers safe and informed.

How is she going? I can't believe this time last month I was on the Jewel...time just flies. When does her contract finish?

Yep, Jewel will be at Circular Quay and Pacific Sun will be at Darling Harbour - and they've requested a tandem sailout for Saturday afternoon.

Why is that, K?

I guess with both ships departing at the same time, they wanted to make a bit of a spectacle of it. Of course, would be more impressive it had been Pacific Dawn and Pacific Jewel.

Martin noticed it on the Sydney Ports website (not the public one, the operational stuff that he gets to look at for his work).

I thought it might be something like that - especially after all the negative publicity. Do hope the Sun is repaired in time.

Hope so!

BTW - Martin has just done the envelope for the thing he's got to send you - so he'll post it tomorrow and you should have it on Friday!

Wow, I thought I'd lost it there for a while! When I read your post it was showing Pentecost so I went to the P&O site - showing Pentecost. When I came back to your post it had changed again. Looks as though the gremlins are still in it. But at least you can see what the ocean looks like NOW!

Righto - thanks so much for that. You are both generous souls! :)

Night night!

You're welcome Sandy! We probably aren't going to cruise in 2011 - or if we do it will be in Europe while we're holidaying over there, so someone may as well benefit from it !!

Kym

Archived