Hellesylt/Geiranger port

arlenez

Hi:

Has anyone been on an MSC cruise with a port in Hellesylt? I'm confused as to whether they stop at Hellesylt (Norway), drop off passengers that have excursions booked through MSC and then continue on to Geiranger and the passengers that were dropped off meet up with the ship in Geiranger. I called MSC and they were just as confused as I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Arlene

Hi:

Has anyone been on an MSC cruise with a port in Hellesylt? I'm confused as to whether they stop at Hellesylt (Norway), drop off passengers that have excursions booked through MSC and then continue on to Geiranger and the passengers that were dropped off meet up with the ship in Geiranger. I called MSC and they were just as confused as I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Arlene

I believe you have it correct. Hellesylt is a small ferry port and is often used as a technical stop for passengers on ship's excursion to be dropped off. Passengers who are not on ship's excursions are not allowed off here. We were on the MSC Opera in May 2007 when there was such a technical stop at Hellesylt from 09.00-10.00 prior to the main stop in Geiranger at 11.00. It is rather misleading of them to show the stop in their itinerary as being 09.00-17.00 as they do in the example I have looked at.

I believe you have it correct. Hellesylt is a small ferry port and is often used as a technical stop for passengers on ship's excursion to be dropped off. Passengers who are not on ship's excursions are not allowed off here. We were on the MSC Opera in May 2007 when there was such a technical stop at Hellesylt from 09.00-10.00 prior to the main stop in Geiranger at 11.00. It is rather misleading of them to show the stop in their itinerary as being 09.00-17.00 as they do in the example I have looked at.

Thanks for the info. Would you believe that I called MSC again, and again no one knew the details for this port! I had to send an email to them to be forwarded to their excursion department in Italy for an answer.

Regards,

Arlene

• 2 weeks later...

As an aside, if you go to Gerainger, take an excursion that incoroporates journey up Mount Dalsibbnah)

Gerainger is stunning, but some of the scenery is to die for. Must be one of the most beautiful places on earth (or even further afield)

Archived