how long to get paid by insurance?

m steve

We also had prompt service from Travel Guard. Had check in hand for the full amount of coverage within three weeks of submitting our claim. (for an illness occuring just prior to departure)

If there is a delay with your insurance company, perhaps you should give them a call and be sure you are did not miss sending in some of the required documentation, and that all the forms were filled in correctly. Sometimes just a minor mistake can hold up a claim.

We have been trying to get a response from our company for missed cruise and air due to the snow in DC that happened in Feb. Can I get any advise about this. We used Travel Safe.

I assume they cover weather delays or you would not be asking. That is really bad weather to miss a cruise. Were your flights totally canceled?

Make sure you have all the documentation that they are requesting.

Jade - You must have been out of the country (or perhaps you don't live in the US) to have missed the huge snow storm that hit the northeast and shut down airports all over...including DC. :D

http://news.cheapflights.com/2010/02/washington-airports-still-closed-after-weekend-snow-storm/

To the OP, we filed a claim with Travel Guard and received a check just a couple of weeks later. It was a small claim, so perhaps an entire missed cruise takes longer to sort out. Have you heard anything at all from the company? Did you talk with them when you missed your cruise and let them know?

We have been trying to get a response from our company for missed cruise and air due to the snow in DC that happened in Feb. Can I get any advise about this. We used Travel Safe.

Steve, what am I missing here? When did you miss the cruise? You were at the M&G on 8 Feb 2010, so I thought you'd made the cruise....

Isn't that you in the Yellow shirt? http://abqreunion2008.com/SPECIAL/CC-M-n-G_Feb-08-2010.JPG

Joanie

I was checking on my daughters insurance for the missed trip. Yes, I was at the meet and greet. The insurance co. sent the form to the wrong email. We straightened it out last night. Since I booked another trip w/them, I would like some money back. They will get the check and repay me except for the airfare portion.

I was checking on my daughters insurance for the missed trip. Yes, I was at the meet and greet. The insurance co. sent the form to the wrong email. We straightened it out last night. Since I booked another trip w/them, I would like some money back. They will get the check and repay me except for the airfare portion.

I completely forgot about your daughter not being able to make the cruise. I sure hope the Insurance comes through quickly!!

Joanie

Archived