RHAPSODY---Anyone just back????

jwlane

This summer captain Teo From the Legend will be coming over to the Rhapsody, this will occur before May.

Captain Teo was awesome, he was kinda quiet over the PA for announcements, but was a very nice guy if you saw him walking the halls!

He told us at the welcome back party that he would be going over to the Rhapsody before the Legend left for europe.

Monday and Thursday are formal, the rest casual.

Ok please bear with me, but when you say casual...does that mean shorts and a nice blouse ( not a tshirt) or does that mean dress slacks and blouse or sundress etc...just trying to clarify because "smart casual" is a term I am not familiar with. Thanks...

Jwlane is correct. No shorts in Formal dining or tank tops. A collared shirt and docker type pants for the guy's. If you prefer to dine in t-shirts & shorts the Windjammer dinner allows that. We did the Windjammer it was the same food served in a more casual atmosphere. As I recal you got your own salad but the main coarse was served by the staff.

Just got off Rhapsody last sunday, Capt. Rolf, We hardly saw him at all. Our waiter told us that he is not very personable, very shy and doesn't like to mingle with people much because he worries about his accent being hard to understand. Kinda funny because the waiter who was telling us this also had a very thick accent and we understood him just fine and he was very personable. Oh Well! There was one smart casual night, nice pants and blouse for the ladies and docker type pants for the men and nice shirt, (no tie necessary) in fact thats how everyone dressed on all the nights except for the first night and the two formal nights.

Thanks for the input..What if we dont get our luggage on Sunday intime to change for dinner...We are traveling from snowbound Ohio..we will most likely be in jeans...can these be worn in the dining room Sunday night or should I now plan to have a change of clothes in my carryon?

Just got an e-mail from a friend of our that works on Rhapsody - and according to her, the new permanent captain will be Capt Anders (and since she's the Guest Relations Mgr, guess she should know.) She says he is very nice (but we have always enjoyed Capt Rolf - loved his sense of humor, found him very approachable and his wife is very lovely and also very very nice; and Capt Charles - so handsome, reminded me of Mel Gibson. Guess we find out about Capt Anders on 2/20.

we have always enjoyed Capt Rolf - loved his sense of humor, found him very approachable

Must agree. We were on Rhapsody in Skagway during 9-11, and Rolf was a great leader during that difficult period. Hoping he's there next week.

I loved Captain Rolf. I thought he was hillarious to hear him say with his accent - "the motion of the ocean". I had heard a few months back that he was coming out of retirement to captain the Rhapsody on a temporary bases until they got a new captain. Guess we have our answer. Captain Rolf used to have a house in Houston.

Archived