Aft Extended Balcony on Dream #8468

tsb702

Hello everyone!

I just booked stateroom #8468 on Dream for an Eastern Caribbean cruise on 07/17/10. Just wondering if anyone has pics of this room/balcony or anything quite similar. Also, if you can list any pros or cons, tips, suggestions and advice for this ship would be great! Thank you so much!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for pics and now thinking about chosing a different room if possible. Are these rooms smaller than the others? I hear they have a messed up layout...but I can't find any pics anywhere with the search. Anything would help. Thanks!

8468 doesn't have a "messed up" layout - it was the cabin next to us on our cruise. If you like the aft view, you shouldn't worry about changing. It's a normal balcony cabin with a bit extended balcony. Our neighbors seemed to enjoy it.

It is the aft wrap cabins that are smaller than other similar cabins on other ships.

Have a great time!

Thank you so much Balcony Bound. I was seriously concerned that it was basically just a shoe box bedroom and the bed was basically sitting in the corner of the room with little room to walk. I know our room doesn't have a sofa....so I'm just wondering if there is a sitting area with a mirror etc. I haven't seen any pics of the aft balcony rooms on the Dream...I'm still curious.

Where did you hear this room does not have a sofa? I also have this room booked for September... From the pictures I have seen of the balcony, it is considerably larger then the other aft rooms on deck 8 (not including the wraps)... if you do a search you can see a picture of the rear of the boat where you can see the balcony...

Just got back from the Dream yesterday and had 8468. Cabin is the usual balcony size - you walk in to closets on the right, bath on the left. Sofa with table and then the bed on the left. There might be a foot or so more space width wise - as I look at other aft cabins, it seems like there was more floor space in front of our bed. The balcony itself is wider and deeper than the standard side balcony. It is much wider than a regular aft balcony - we had extra room to the right as you walked out.

We had 2 chairs, a table and a lounger with plenty of room to walk around as well. We figured that you can have 10-11 people arm to arm at the balcony railing.

8468a.jpg

8468b.jpg

8468view.jpg

8466 is the cabin with no sofa and the weird layout. 8468 is your regular balcony cabin with a larger balcony. :D

Just got back from the Dream yesterday and had 8468. Cabin is the usual balcony size - you walk in to closets on the right, bath on the left. Sofa with table and then the bed on the left. There might be a foot or so more space width wise - as I look at other aft cabins, it seems like there was more floor space in front of our bed. The balcony itself is wider and deeper than the standard side balcony. It is much wider than a regular aft balcony - we had extra room to the right as you walked out.

We had 2 chairs, a table and a lounger with plenty of room to walk around as well. We figured that you can have 10-11 people arm to arm at the balcony railing.

8468a.jpg

8468b.jpg

8468view.jpg

8466 is the cabin with no sofa and the weird layout. 8468 is your regular balcony cabin with a larger balcony. :D

OMGoodness!!!!!!!! Thank you soo much. That provides much relief! How did you like your cruise??

Where did you hear this room does not have a sofa? I also have this room booked for September... From the pictures I have seen of the balcony, it is considerably larger then the other aft rooms on deck 8 (not including the wraps)... if you do a search you can see a picture of the rear of the boat where you can see the balcony...

The PVP from Carnival informed me there wasn't one in the room...but you guys have clarified for me...thanks again!

• 4 months later...

Ok all - I think I am going to book 8468 for January. Can any of you who sailed in it recently provide any more info? Is it private from neighbors? Can you see around to the side of the ship at all, or is the view strictly aft?

I'm not new to cruising, but new to Carnival. I feel lost!

• 2 months later...

Thank you for these great balcony pics on this thread. This helped me decide to book this cabin for our Aug 2011 Dream cruise :) In looking at the aft of the ship this is a slightly longer balcony than the other afts on all the decks.

Archived