New Tipping Policy + Infant Question

forevercruising1

Hello!

I've read about the new, automatic charge of $10 pp/pday. Does anyone know if they will charge this for our one year old?

Also, I read that Holland America offers infant "supplies" on board if ordered in advance. Does anyone have any information on that or, by chance, a copy of the supply request sheet? The brochure says there is a nominal fee for the supplies -- does anyone know what the prices are?

Thanks, in advance, for the information!

• 2 weeks later...

When we were on Costa, they charged no tip for kids under a certain age and for kids under 5 they charged either 1/2 or 1/4 of the usual amount. Of course, if we wanted to change the tip, there was a way to do that, which we did. We wanted to tip more than they automatically added. The staff went out of their way to be nice to my kids and make sure they were happy all the time.

On Royal Caribbean we could decide if we wanted the tip to be automatically charged to our credit card or if we wanted to tip in cash. If you chose to have the tip charged, they would only charge the standard amount which was around $70 pp for a week long cruise. If you wanted to tip more or less, you had to tip with cash.

Archived