Off to Norway for our first cruise

My wife and I are to join Boudicca in Liverpool on May 13th for our cruise to Norway. This is our first cruise and we are getting very excited, although a little troubled by the recent reports about the Novovirus outbreaks. Although I'm sure that so long as we take the usual hygiene precautions that you normally do when out everything should be ok.

Quite a change from our normal holidays which would usually be landbased in the USA or Europe. Hope that the ballroom is not too large as my dancing is not up to 'Strictly standard'. Looking forward to the Fjiords and the Flam Railway, in fact looking forward to everything!:)

I an certain you will have a memorable cruise on a lovely ship to an amazing country. The main risk you face is that cruising becomes addictive as I have learned!

Don't worry about Norovirus. You are probably as likely to catch this at home as on holiday. Go ahead and have the time of your life! Bon voyage.

• 1 month later...
My wife and I are to join Boudicca in Liverpool on May 13th for our cruise to Norway. This is our first cruise and we are getting very excited, although a little troubled by the recent reports about the Novovirus outbreaks. Although I'm sure that so long as we take the usual hygiene precautions that you normally do when out everything should be ok.

Quite a change from our normal holidays which would usually be landbased in the USA or Europe. Hope that the ballroom is not too large as my dancing is not up to 'Strictly standard'. Looking forward to the Fjiords and the Flam Railway, in fact looking forward to everything!:)

Look forward to seeing you onboard not sure about the ballroom i have two left feet and no way dh will get onto dance floor,

Regards Chrissy

Know just how you feel. We're going on Tuesday but with Braemar. Don't suppose we're in any ports at same time?

Hubby now has DJ, my skirts & dresses are waiting to be packed. Not sure if it's worth ironing anything as they'll only get creased. Should I take travel iron?

I can't get my head around what the weather will be like. I've been checking Accuweather for all our ports e.g. http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|NO|NO014|FLAM&metric=1

Hi

Thanks for the link.

As far as i'm aware info in F/O book states no irons allowed onboard but of course there is the facility to have garments pressed. Have a super time will swop stories when we get back, don't think that we will be in the same ports at the same time. Once again enjoy!

:):)

There are two irons and ironing boards in the laundry room on Deck 5 aft. I used them a couple of times on my recent cruise.

Thanks, I've just read through the A-Z & NO travel irons allowed. Assume I can bring a hairdrier? I know they provide them but I've read they're pretty awful. Is that true & can I bring my own?

Final question my sister-in-law who is coming with us has threatened to use the pool & I wondered about packing a swimsuit but is anyone on a Norway cruise likely to use it? I know it's heated but I'll need to walk outside in my costume to get to it!:eek:

iI WAS INNORWAY LAST MAY IN OSLO THE TEMP WAS APROX 18 C .

I IN FLAM IN JULY THE TEMP WAS 15C

IN 2006 I WAS IN FLAM IN JULY THE TEMP WAS 23C BUT 3 DAYS LATER WE WERE IN TROMSO WHERE THE TEMP WAS ONLY 8C .

ALL I WILL SAY ABOUT THE WEATHER IN NORWAY ITS JUST YOUR LUCK.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE FOR NORWAY IS A LOVELY COUNTRY

Archived